Death Penalty - Execution method poll

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Death Penalty Method Choice

• Lethal Injection

Votes: 19 12.8%
  • Electrocution

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • Gas Chamber

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Firing Squad

Votes: 33 22.1%
  • Hanging

Votes: 49 32.9%
  • Other (Leave Comment)

Votes: 15 10.1%
  • Life Sentence Only - Don't Support Death Penalty

Votes: 20 13.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you support use of the death penalty?
If so, do you believe that there is a preferred method of execution?

You are encouraged to leave an explanation of your particular choice or your rejection of the death penalty.

I ask that all flippant comments be reserved for some other thread - my intent here is NOT to make light of the penalty, the crimes that might earn it, the fate of those condemned to it, or the opinion of those opposed to it - just to gather information.

Thank You,

Mugsy

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do support the death penalty for pre-meditated murder and some other very serious crimes.
Firing Squad seems to me to be an effective and relatively humane way to carry out the penalty without great expense or complicated technical or medical procedures.
Right now we are constantly embroiled in litigation over so-called humane measures like lethal injection - a method that seems to me to be devised to make us feel less squeamish about doing the dirty work but doesn't seem any swifter, more reliable, or more humane than firing squad.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes. I believe they should put executions on Pay Per View. Those who do not want to watch it don't have to. Those that want to watch it can pay. Use the money to pay for something good. Method of execution should be more creative like a meat grinder or steam roller. Or break out the guillotine again. Those could bring in some revenue. All this "humane" lethal injection stuff is lame. Have we forgot what we're doing? We're killing people. People whom have earned being killed. Maybe if we had a few public drawn and quartering executions, people would reconsider murdering in some cases. If not, **** 'em anyway. Bring on the entertainment!

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
90 days post-conviction, appeals included (and necessarily expedited).

.45ACP (or other caliber chosen by the CLEO of the jurisdiction).

Back of the skull.

Done.

NINEROUND

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I chose hanging. You can reuse the rope from one to the next. Save some taxpayer dollars. Guillotine or axe would also be acceptable methods, in my opinion.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I chose hanging. You can reuse the rope from one to the next. Save some taxpayer dollars. Guillotine or axe would also be acceptable methods, in my opinion.

Sorry I only included methods that have already passed SCOTUS muster as acceptable under the no "cruel and unusual punishments" standard.

NINEROUND

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry I only included methods that have already passed SCOTUS muster as acceptable under the no "cruel and unusual punishments" standard.

I understand, but other method was listed. On another note, ever notice how the acronym for the Supreme Court is only a couple letters away from a low hanging testicular holder?

Latest posts

Top Bottom