Death Penalty - Execution method poll

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Death Penalty Method Choice

• Lethal Injection

Votes: 19 12.8%
  • Electrocution

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • Gas Chamber

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Firing Squad

Votes: 33 22.1%
  • Hanging

Votes: 49 32.9%
  • Other (Leave Comment)

Votes: 15 10.1%
  • Life Sentence Only - Don't Support Death Penalty

Votes: 20 13.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the 47ppl (so far) that prefer hanging. lmao

Im surprised guillotine isn't on the list! I'd pay to watch it, it's no different than watching "reality" TV.

Maybe they could put the ppl that are be executed on redemption island, just to make sure they aren't guilty.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Im surprised guillotine isn't on the list!

Interestingly to note, death is by blood loss to the brain. There were reports back in the day that said the heads would blink for a second or two before expiring as there was enough 02 left to keep them alive for moments after getting their head lopped off.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Utah has it on the books, and I think they've used it. I think they still have it on the books as an option (I think the guest of dishonor gets his choice of exit method). As I recall, they even had a self-execution firing squad; the person to be executed sits on a chair where the rifles are zeroed, and the pressure of sitting, via a series of levers and/or cables and pulleys, fires the fatal shot(s).

Edit: According to Wikipedia, Oklahoma has firing squad as a "secondary method of execution," and is the only remaining state that allows firing squads. Utah apparently outlawed death by firing squad in '04, but it was not retroactive, leaving four death row inmates who could opt for it, and one of them did in 2010.

Gary Gilmore asked for and recieved. He was offin service station attendants for his squeeze, Nicole I believe. Anyhows, the libs wanted to git him all rehabilitated an all that but he demands to get executed - by firing squad, an so they did it. But I would have added a caveat - Death by Taurus!!! Could you imagine? All the clicks and misfires as he's sweating it out?

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Interestingly to note, death is by blood loss to the brain. There were reports back in the day that said the heads would blink for a second or two before expiring as there was enough 02 left to keep them alive for moments after getting their head lopped off.

They say Ghandi's head was kept alive several hours after that suicide assasination in 1991. The eyes and lips moved, and he could communicate yes and no type answers by blinking his eyes. Serious efforts were made to keep it alive.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
- serial killers and most murders, forcible rape, an individual with a large number of violent felonies, etc. - the method should be as painless as possible to achieve the desired result....otherwise it becomes vengence instead of a simple removal...my 2c

I disagree. The death should be as painful as possible. The killers had no respect for the life they took.
I have no respect for the life I would take if I were the executioner.

Latest posts

Top Bottom