Deer processing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackdog

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
So I took in 4 rear quarters, 4 shoulders
4 back straps, and 4 tenderloins down to a processor I ve never used before. Basically 2 full mature does. Besides stew meat I kept and fed that dogs. Just wanted jerky and summer sausage made, just picked it up today. Dropped it off the Nov 1st. Only received back 10lbs of jerkey and 10lbs of summer sausage.. paid 345 total.. dude charged me 50 a piece to bone it out and then processing on top of that. Stay away from Smoking Patz in Isabella Oklahoma
Also today his processing area when I picked it up had to been like 70 degrees. Way warmer than outside, had a heater going I believe. You all think that price is crazy or just me?

Buck98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You took it to the processor…….he took you to the cleaners!!!

In my books that’s a little too expensive. But my wife helps me process mine. We’ve been doing our own for the last 11 years so I’m not really sure how much it would cost today but that sounds a little over priced. Good luck finding a new processor.

scott024

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Our lease bought a slicer, grinder, and stuffer. We make our own jerky and sausage now. It's pretty easy and pays for itself the first year. This was the last batch we made from just the rear quarters of a doe.

The processor you used is charging the "I'll never take another to him" price. Hard to get repeat business when you skin someone and they know it.

IMG_4096.jpeg

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Our lease bought a slicer, grinder, and stuffer. We make our own jerky and sausage now. It's pretty easy and pays for itself the first year. This was the last batch we made from just the rear quarters of a doe.

The processor you used is charging the "I'll never take another to him" price. Hard to get repeat business when you skin someone and they know it.

View attachment 439119
Mmm mmm.....that looks great.

Latest posts

Top Bottom