DHS involvement in Child Support

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmmm DHS has never been involved in my divorce from my ex. But we've never had a cash support agreement on either side regardless of which direction the pendulum has swung, Part of the agreement is I always provide health insurance for him, even when I switched jobs and waited on benefits to begin I purchased Health insurance for my son. There was a child support calculation done that is also law but it can be mutually waived we did it when we first started the process and again when we finally finished the process 5 years later. We also went from both having attorneys to just mutually seeing her attorney and getting him to draft a mutually agreeable decree. There is no primary guardian in our decree and neither of us is allowed to make unilateral decisions. That's what's kept me in Oklahoma, not because I love the state but because I don't want to fight with the ex anymore. I just want my kid to be a kid. He never want's or needs for anything ever regardless of her financial status ad he has both his parents and step parents. All in all a much better childhood than I had.

Uncle TK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Your employer deducts your child support payment from your paycheck (Not DHS) per court order.
Your employer remits your child support payments to DHS
DHS then sends payments to Spouse

(From a Payroll Accountant)

Latest posts

Top Bottom