Malinois puppy! 🥰🥰🥰

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This guy and his dogs. It NEVER gets old and I have learned a TON by listening to and watching his videos. He starts training his puppies before they have their eyes open. Yep. You read that right -- he starts working with his litters while they are less than 2 weeks old.

I think those are about the coolest breed ever. They are on the edge of hypersonic obedience. Such a high energy and awareness level. A normal dog owner could in no way handle this breed, mainly because they couldn’t keep up with it or have the time and attention needed to satisfy the dog.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw a video where someone asked a trainer what the difference was in a Malinois and GSD. He said imagine your bad guy standing on one side of a picnic table. Dogs are 10 yards away on the opposite side. GSD runs over, around the table and jumps bad guy. Malinois straight lines and launches straight over the table.

He also said they were a terrible choice for a pet. Too strong willed and energetic for most.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have two: guy in the driver’s seat is insane and mean. Guy on the couch is insane and sweet as he can be. Driver’s seat is great with me and wife, but no one else. Wife has worked many hours with him- I just run with him and take him fishing. Great dogs
IMG_5231.jpeg
IMG_5247.jpeg

Chaparral

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have the more civil version, Groenendahl. Our latest is a boy who has an extreme competitive drive. He will take you down on the way to the disc/ball. And feel bad about it later. Requires hours of exercise each day. Can run for an hour. He is very sweet in the house. Will jump above my head to grab the toy from my hand. He has gotten over his prey drive, will now watch the rabbits play in the field/yard. Leaves the skunks alone. One lesson, full on result. One of the three most intelligent we have ever owned in 40 years. Would NOT want to be on the bad side, and he is tame versus the Malinois.

Years ago we watched a Mal for a week. Good boy, gentle with us and really wanted to please. Listened well. Had a prey drive, real hard drive. Killed birds, cats, ran off bobcats and coyotes. I am sure he would have killed those if they had stood ground. I hope his new home went well for him. I never knew.

Latest posts

Top Bottom