Ditching Cable

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I keep my Cox Internet that is run via the cable in my house can I still run my attic antenna through the cable lines? Or will one signal interfere with the other ?

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just hooked up the Roku 3 box I picked up this week. In just a few minutes I eliminated one of my concerns. There is more pbs kids programming than I can count available.

I picked up everything else I needed to setup an antenna as well. This weekend I'll crack the box on the antenna I picked up and figure out how to mount it in the attic. I'm taking the opportunity to clean up the mess of coax nailed to the house as well. Moving all runs inside the walls. This will be interesting.

If all goes well Monday I can call cox and drop down to internet only.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just hooked up the Roku 3 box I picked up this week. In just a few minutes I eliminated one of my concerns. There is more pbs kids programming than I can count available.

I picked up everything else I needed to setup an antenna as well. This weekend I'll crack the box on the antenna I picked up and figure out how to mount it in the attic. I'm taking the opportunity to clean up the mess of coax nailed to the house as well. Moving all runs inside the walls. This will be interesting.

If all goes well Monday I can call cox and drop down to internet only.
Be sure to add the newly released YouTube channel.
Smithsonian channel is top notch and many of the shows from History channels and A&E are available on their Roku channels as well..
If you want to stream video and pictures from your PC to the Roku you can add the Pled Media channel and then you install the server component on the PC.
The weather underground channel brings local weather to the Roku for free.

joshua74133

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
can you get discovery on roku? i watch 3 channels out of the 830 that i have... History, A&E and Discovery! my wife is a 2,6,8,10 and 23 and my kids only watch freaking disney and nick are those channels on ROKU

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just wanted to bump this because I am considering going without cable but love sports channels. Are there no other alternative ways to get it?

Latest posts

Top Bottom