Do you trust .380 ACP?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you trust the effectiveness of the .380 ACP?

• Yes

Votes: 60 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 11 12.2%
  • Depends

Votes: 19 21.1%

• Total voters

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I still have an Sig 238 and haven’t carried it in years, but I wouldn’t hesitate to go out in public with it. I always say that even carrying a 22lr is better than just having a sharp stick.

This. I've got a P238 that is amazingly accurate. I can spend months without shooting it, and can still easily hit the target. Wife usually carries this one.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was in a pocket gun class last year and we tested quite a few different .380 rounds on cans of corn and gallon water jugs. The Federal HST was impressive for both expansion and penetration. So if you might be attacked by cans of corn or water jugs it would be my choice. As others have said, a .380 in a pocket is a better option than a larger caliber gun at home. Many .380's have poor sights and triggers so that's an issue to consider as well.

I remember the pocket gun shoots too they had up there in Edmond. Something is better than nothing is true!

I am still tiffed on their scoring tho! LOL! Never did figure out how I got second place with a 99.8% accuracy and first place was down in the 80%, but a hair faster! Man was I pissed.

cboss

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My next gun is going to be a mousegun. I can't carry at work, but I want something I can stick in my pocket when I hit the gas station at 0330 to get my daily gallon of iced tea, then lock it in a lockbox in my car when I enter the building. I've seen too many confrontations at that gas station that were one bad decision away from getting violent. I'm probably going to go smaller than .380...a Beretta Tomcat in .32ACP

Latest posts

Top Bottom