When to take Does?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have heard of people protesting the killing of animals and saying just purchase meat at the grocery store so no animals are harmed.
Now I see it first hand.
Nah, she knows where it comes from, but if I brought it home to process it, or she saw it before it was in nice neat freezer packages, she could not eat it.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nah, she knows where it comes from, but if I brought it home to process it, or she saw it before it was in nice neat freezer packages, she could not eat it.
If you shoot the deer with rage broad head from a ravin crossbow it will be in little packages ready for the freezer according to some.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's my wife. We haven't bought ground beef in 35 years except for a couple of "I don't eat deer friends". (They ate it, just didn't know they did and complemented it.)
Her issue come from when she was 4 years old. Raised a lamb into a sheep by bottle feeding it and so on. Her dad forced her to watch him kill it and butcher it, then package into white butcher paper.
If I process a deer it can't be in white butcher paper. Has to be vacuum sealed. Same meat, but not from white butcher paper. She loves the jerky, ground deer/elk, but will not touch a deer backstrap steak even though she is a beef tenderloin lover.
I don't get it, but don't say a word about it. Just make a lot of stuff from ground deer.

AER244

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you shoot the deer with rage broad head from a ravin crossbow it will be in little packages ready for the freezer according to some.
That’s literally my exact experience. Last time I shot that combo- there was a yeti full of iced down, vac-sealed meat at the end of the 11 inch blood trail. And a UPS tracking code for a shoulder mount. Kinda weird cuz it was a doe, but I wasn’t gonna argue.

And you really screwed up. You could be clearing brush with el cid right now. But you’re not. And that’s on you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom