Dog food

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lamb Meal and Brown Rice Formula
Nutrish Just 6 dog food - Does not contain any corn, wheat or soy. Lamb meal is the number one ingredient, followed by five other wholesome ingredients

For some reason my three Miniature Schnauzers don't tolerate corn very well. So its corn free dog food for them.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We started off with the big name brand form our Boxer, Dozer. He gets terrible skin allergies. Took him to the vet and they recommended the Royal Canine. Good Lord that stuff is expensive! I looked at other brands and tried the Taste of the Wild and he was good for a bit but he went back to scratching and chewing his paws. He is a very finicky eater and if we don't mix wet and dry together he wont eat. Well, we finally broke down and bought a medium size bag of dry RC and a case offer RC to the tune of $78. Less than two weeks worth of food!

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What does OSA feeds there dogs?
For the last two years I have been feeding my dog 2 raw chicken quarters a day. At first she loved them, but now its like she's tiered of them. She will still eat them but it takes some motivation. I'm trying to find a good brand of dog food that will be good for her and high in protein. I used to feed here pedigree, but she didn't look as good as she does now. What do you feed your dog? Any advice would be appreciated. I bought a black bag of eukanuba today, and looks like she enjoyed it. If I don't find anything better, I will just stick with this.

Your dog will probably need more than just chicken. Try adding raw fruits, veggies, or even yogurt. Be sure to check for toxic fruits or veggies before doing this, though. Like grapes, I believe they're poisonous for dogs.

We feed our French Bulldog Innova Evo, but have considered transitioning her towards a homemade holistic diet.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Squirrels, baby rabbits, possums, slow feral cats and the occasional skunk.

I supplement with a bucket of Purina dog chow in the barn. They go through a 40lb bag every 2 weeks or so. Used to buy Diamond at Atwoods or the local feed store until the price went up.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
J and J Special. Its a great blend for working/hunting dogs as well as yard dogs. Not sure that it is made in Elk City, OK but the bag says it is. The guy that distributes it is in Elk City and he sells by the pallet to a couple guys that raise greyhounds for racing and hunting. There are a few Co-Ops around that carry it. It has been around for awhile. It is very reasonable in cost and as good as the high priced meat based feeds. It is not a grain based feed. Shiny coats, less crap, and high energy are benefits.

At the Co-Op with mark up, it is just under $24/50#

Latest posts

Top Bottom