Donating Blood - OBI or Red Cross.?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's all a scam. Go down to the blood bank and get paid for it. Both the OBI and Red Cross make big money billing the insurance companies for the blood they supply to hospitals etc. These are not charities.

http://newsok.com/article/4985779

OBI is not a charity. The blood you give them they sell in the marketplace and they pocket the profits.

This is America, it's your choice. Just know up front that this isn't a charity you are donating to. It's a for-profit business.

So, I assume this means that, when you are asked if you need blood during any sort of medical procedure, do you want it, you tell them "No."

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Red Cross wastes tons of money, is corrupt, misleading and I'd rather give my charitable donations to local charities who spend it in ways I think is more appropriate, that's why.

They raised over a BILLION DOLLARS after the Haiti earthquakes - specifically for Haiti.... care to take a guess how much actually got spent in Haiti???

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Everything is "for profit" in a sense, except those that are 100% government funded.

Even legitimate non-profits have to cover operating costs (office space, employee wages, freight, etc.).

Covering expenses is different than overpaying executives and blowing millions on corporate events just to get rid of profit - to stay "non-profit".... see the WWP. How much per dollar actually goes directly to the intended beneficiary? In alot of these cases, it's pennies on the dollar.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, I assume this means that, when you are asked if you need blood during any sort of medical procedure, do you want it, you tell them "No."

OBI isn't gonna give you the blood for free when you need it. They are gonna collect their money from either you or your insurance company. That's how it works.

Latest posts

Top Bottom