Drug testing for Welfare payments

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nothing personal - but when you put +2 on your taxes - you are part of the system. Should anyone with tax deductions pee in a cup too?

When you put that plus 2, at the end ofthe day, are you paying taxes or getting back more than you paid in? I need to know in order to get my response correct.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.news9.com/story/11933378/bill-would-require-drug-testing-for-welfare-program?redirected=true
IIRC, It doesn't cover all welfare recipients, only certain ones/ types of recipiants. Maybe it's changed since I looked at the draft a month ago.

I'm in favor of all recipients of Gov't assistance having to comply with the same rules that I must adhere to, in order to continue to work and pay for their benefits. fair is fair.

No! You have to keep working your butt off, getting your privacy invaded by your employer yearly and/or randomly, so you can keep making enough money for your own family and for the pood downtrodden family down the street who only has enough to barely pay for their section 8 housing, their food, all their PS3 and X-box games, their liquor, beer and weed and their car that's nicer and newer than yours. Without you, how else would they survive??

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Assuming a minimum wage income, I believe you would net a greater refund than your table-assigned tax obligation, with EIC and a tuition income credit.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Considering the lion's share of drug users obtain and/or abuse legal prescription medication and other drugs clean outta' yer system fast enough to beat a drug test (except weed)....I really don't see it as a win-win.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You don't have to worry about it if you are not attached to the governments tit !
What if Soonercare pays for my opiates addiction, and my tax return advance buys my PS3?

No drug tests required. This whole idea, as JP alluded to, is an ineffectual publicity stunt by the conservative politicians.

Latest posts

Top Bottom