Drum!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, since I have been skunked on carp, what about drum? I have found several small pockets of water that have lots of drum in them. I caught one on a dead minnow that took over 10 minutes to get in. A 15 lb. fish on 8 lb. line - THAT WAS FUN!

Seeing all these BIG drum and not being able to catch them is very frustrating. Is there any particular bait that these fish will hit on a regular basis? I would really like for my wife to be able to latch into one of these fish but, we just cannot get them hit anything we throw at them...

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always catch drum on 4' divers when fishing for bass. They love the third on from the left and second from the right the most.

[Broken External Image]

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay guys, we went drum fishing again today and they do nothing but laugh at us...

The water is around 4-6 ft. deep and the drum are staying at the 1-2 ft. level from the surface. They come as close as 15 ft. to us and no matter what we offered them, we just could not get them to bite...

They looked like they were surface feeding at times but, I never thought to take my fly rod with me. Maybe next time....

Latest posts

Top Bottom