Eclipse photos - post them here

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A coworker sent a drunken eclipse video out to everyone in the shop late last night. I will not post it here, but what I woke up to at 04:30 this morning, turned out to be a flashlight, and a hairy ballsack. It was unfortunately......quite memorable.
I received the same one. Definitely not the best thing to see. That being said, it was the perfect video to forward to my friends. 😁 😁 😁

trickormate

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From outside the house.

Attachments

• 20240408_134332.jpg
    20240408_134332.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240408_134646.jpg
    20240408_134646.jpg
    260.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240408_134414.jpg
    20240408_134414.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 0

DreamingMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't have any pics. My Dad and I went to Booneville, AR (Pop. 3,809 in 2020). ~40-50 miles SSE of Ft. Smith. There was a lot of traffic in FtS and on the highway South out of town. Congestion thinned considerably when we headed East to Booneville. I don't know where the majority of the other folks were going, but _thankfully_ not Booneville.

I think our drive time was ~ 4 hours, which included a 20 min delay for a over-turned, smashed semi in the median just East of Lake Eufaula. Arrived in Booneville 50 minutes before totality. We got bbq from a family run place named Reid's. They are usually open 3 days a week (Th-Sa), but were open 5 days last week (Th-Mo) for this special weekend. We had ribs, brisket and sausage. Great food. The cashier said the sausage was sorta like summer sausage, but not as dense. I liked it a lot; it had cheese and maybe jalapeño in it. We asked about beer, but they were a dry town (or part of the county?). No worries. We brought our own :) <plug: Roughtail Nothing But Pils>

There was a park near the middle of town and about 100 yds from where we sat outside and watched the eclipse. There was a small uproar of cheers when the ring thingy happened. Those eclipse glasses provided a little bit of a challenge to eat, look up, drink and chit-chat.

I saw a lot of license plates from OK (obviously!), KS, CO, VA, CA. Visited with folks from IA, CO and OKC.

Conclusion: Long drive for 4.5 minutes, but I'd do it again. Everyone was super friendly. Don't remember encountering a single jerkoff.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-media-max-width="560"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">For those of you who missed the solar eclipse, this is what you missed. 👀🌞🌖 <a href="https://t.co/uFu34ZvzFX">pic.twitter.com/uFu34ZvzFX</a></p>&mdash; vegastar (@vegastarr) <a href="">April 12, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Latest posts

Top Bottom