Eclipse traffic question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I live in OKC and plan on driving down to see the eclipse.

I want to avoid traffic and I think I-35 will be stupid.

Im wondering if backroads to N Texas or to SE Oklahoma would be better?

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Better get there 3 days in advance of the event.
Matt Carriker (of Demolition Ranch fame) is hosting an eclipse event at his “abandoned resort” near Boerne, and he said the county officials asked him to warn people going to the event to bring their own food and not rely on the grocery stores in the county because they’re expecting around 100,000 extra people in the county for the eclipse. He said he was even having trouble booking food trucks for the event due to the demand, and the slots he’s renting out for the event (which are literally just patches of ground with no amenities promised) sold out in minutes.

I don’t think you’re going to find a good route to the path of the eclipse on the day of the event, or maybe even a day or two before…

BallisticGuy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We’re launching our boat at 6am in Texas in the totality zone. We plan on leaving around 1am Monday morning. Could it be a complete disaster. Possibly! We could sit on the ramp or in traffic for an unknown amount of time. I’ll have my 2m/70cm radios with us for communication. If there really will be 100,000 plus additional people in each county the cell towers will be overwhelmed.

We’re hauling extra food and diesel for the truck just in case.

We’ll see what happens!

Last edited:

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If there really will be 100,000 plus additional people in each county the cell towers will be overwhelmed.
I don’t know if that’ll be true in all of the counties in the path of totality; Boerne is in Kendall County, just northwest of San Antonio, so that proximity may play into the county’s estimates.

L.C.

👮🏻RETIRED L.E.O.👮🏻
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will just have to watch it from my front porch
1711486196887.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom