Employers can forbid guns, a judge rules, issues an injunction against OK law.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't care because it's "concealed"...my problem is with them searching your car.

How can they search your car? Under what right do they have. Its your domain. I see how they could search your belongings or person that you bring in and out of their structure of business. But your car?

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My home is not the property of Oklahoma, it is in Oklahoma. I also think the issue of a state banning guns from their borders is a completely separate issue than a private institution not wanting guns inside of it's "borders".

With your logic, my pants are my domain, so I should be able to carry anywhere I go. Which would have to include federal property, etc. It just doesn't work that way.

The difference between between your own home and a vehicle is that vehicle's can travel onto someone else's property/domain. Granted, a mobile home could to. :D

Now, an argument that would be far more pervasive to me would be that this could open up some sort of door for Target, Wally World, and other places to ban firearms from locked vehicles on their premises.

Is there a difference in your vehicle and your home. Both are your domain. If the state of OK chose to not allow you to keep guns in your home, which is your property, but is also the property of the state of OK. Would you move. You would still have the choice of not living in OK, and not supporting businesses in OK, right? I know this sounds far fetched but, it is one and the same IMHO. Its your domain to do as you wish as given to us all by blood.

I do not agree at all. Its my automobile, my domain. They dont want guns on there property fine, I wont let my gun leave my domain while on your property. Like said by someone on this board. "I refuse to ask permission to defend myself."

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think you can refuse to allow them to search your car, but they can fire you for it. If I'm not mistaken, they have to have a valid reason to search it (Except when i worked at tinker, it was just random). If they don't have a valid reason, it's lawsuit city. I personally don't think private employers should be allowed to search cars. If they think something is up, call the police.

How can they search your car? Under what right do they have. Its your domain. I see how they could search your belongings or person that you bring in and out of their structure of business. But your car?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think you can refuse to allow them to search your car, but they can fire you for it. If I'm not mistaken, they have to have a valid reason to search it (Except when i worked at tinker, it was just random). If they don't have a valid reason, it's lawsuit city. I personally don't think private employers should be allowed to search cars. If they think something is up, call the police.

+1

This message is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I personally don't think private employers should be allowed to search cars. If they think something is up, call the police.

Hell no!
The police actually know how to search a car and would probably find something...
I'd pit their expertise in the matter against my employer's any day of the week.:bigeye:

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ha-ha, the only time the police (A Canadian County Sherrif's Deputy) searched my car it was illegal, and I didn't have anything to hide anyway.

Hell no!
The police actually know how to search a car and would probably find something...
I'd pit their expertise in the matter against my employer's any day of the week.:bigeye:

Protect

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, it does apply to CCW permits, the judge just placed an injunction on the part of the SDA that states an employer may not limit the storage of firearms on their property.

They can get probable cause by bringing dogs in to sniff, if they get a hit, they have PC. This is how both Conoco Philips and Whirpool fired their employee's and triggered this lawsuit. The dogs got hits, if the person refused a search of their vehicle, they were fired. If they consented to a search, and they found weapons, they were fired.

What I have in my locked vehicle is no ones business but mine. As long as it is legal to own, it should be legal to have in my car.

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Many companies have search policies. Not all of them make a point of posting the policies. These company "rules" many times state that anything on company property can be searched.
Lockers.
Lunch Pails.
Cars.
Your person.
You can refuse but then you would be terminated.
I dont know that it is right. But I have seen places that have these rules.

Michael

plumbntz

Marksman
Reaction score
As I try to understand this pile of ----. I have a question or two:1 Can LEOs enforce a companies policies?2 Can an employer detain you from leaving to search your car.

Latest posts

Top Bottom