Fat Guy Shooting Team - OKC Chapter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My excuse for skippin easter sunday can be found right in the bible:

He said to them, “But now let the one who has a moneybag take it, and likewise a knapsack. And let the one who has no sword sell his cloak and buy one and become proficient with it." - Luke 22:36 ESV-EV

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I looked this verse up and did some research on it after I came across it in Sunday school a few months ago, and here is what I found out. We hear "sell your cloak and buy a sword" and think that it equates to everyone. We are however taking out of context. He was speaking directly to TWO of his disciples to go out and buy a sword. He did this to fulfill a prophecy from the Old Testament, in that the Messiah would lead an armed rebellion of sorts. The Romans considered a group with TWO swords an armed rebellion, and this is the reason why he told them to go out and get the swords.

It sounds awesome, and I'm sure that Jesus would support gun-ownership, but I think that we take that out of the context in which it was written. Spiritually...I'll leave that up to each person.

FWIW

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am going to make one of these. But our Daughters and grandkids all ways come home for that Sunday. And in-laws come in. So maybe May!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom