federal ammo, primers falling out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well there's good news and bad news...

first the good news: I finally received the ammo back from federal, they gave me 3 boxes of 250 rounds for a total of 750 rounds.... Yes, I was very excited about that.

now the bad news: I haven't been able to test the new ammo because I have the 1911 completely stripped right now because I've been fitting the beavertail

1911user

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Please test ASAP so they (and you) can determine where the problem lies.
If it does turn out to be a problem with your pistol, please inform them of the fact and thank them for taking it seriously. A lot# recall is a pretty big deal to an ammo company.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I think I have the beavertail completely fit as of tonight so I gotta clean out all the metal shavings, put it back together, then head to the range.
I'll report when I get back from H&H. Maybe tomorrow night.

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well there's good news and bad news...

first the good news: I finally received the ammo back from federal, they gave me 3 boxes of 250 rounds for a total of 750 rounds.... Yes, I was very excited about that.

now the bad news: I haven't been able to test the new ammo because I have the 1911 completely stripped right now because I've been fitting the beavertail

Man, I wish my primers would fall out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom