Fence Company Needed - Oklahoma City

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What was their price out of curiosity?

The total was around $4,100, that included 250' linear feet of panel and one gate. 0.95' steel poles were used, and each was was set in concrete. When I pulled up, they had about 24 bags of concrete on their truck. Not sure if they used it all for me, but I know every hole had concrete in it. Also, what you can see on the pictures is that they put caps on each of the poles.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
looks good Jestik!
I bet they used all that concrete and then some.
You probably have 35 poles or so.. and I average a bit over 1 bag per hole.. more on my gate pole and it is usually a bigger pole.. I build my gates big though.
If you later get ants nesting in the wood between the 2x4 and the pickets you can eliminate them by painting the 2x4 with used transmission fluid.

Ants will bee seen walking down the boards in large numbers.. I had 67% pure diazinon and even tried other bad bug killers to eliminate my ant issues.
3 rains later all bugs/ants were back.
Grandpa used linseed oil mixed with trans fluid on his fences and the pine would last 30 or more years when treated about every 4 years or so.

My pine has been up for 15 years now and still looks decent and it was old dried cracking used pallet pine.

You should get 40 years easily from that cedar fence.. but not if the ants get after it.

Again it looks really good I bet you love it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom