Dennishoddy treasure hunt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@dennishoddy had a treasure hunt on the forum and 3 guys showed up at the same place at the same time by using the clues he had given.
Myself and @Forgalspop and one other person who was 8 feet tall I think it was Bill Faberbakke "Dauber" on the TV sitcom coach.

We are all standing there next to a gate and fence off a gravel road and 2 big pieces of concrete slab one about 3x4 foot and another in a triangle shape 6 feet by 4 feet we had already looked under those and found nothing. No treasure.
@Forgalspop seen a feed bag in the field wadded up and was through the fence in no time.
Dauber stepped over the 4 wire fence and was getting shocked on his bare legs and said it tingles.
His tan shorts hooked right over the wood post on his way over so he continued to get shocked.

I helped him and we were both in the field near Forgalspop which found a small curved plastic sign that read for sale.
It was on a teeter trip like ice fishing and over a hole in the ground that you could not really see from all the grass.

The wood stake on the sign had a string on it and pop began pulling up on the white string.
He shouted out is has a big catfish on it.
The hole was about 12" diameter and had water in it.

He keeps pulling up the string and more tangled string comes up and he is overwhelmed with string and I begin pulling up string and sometimes feel tugging and other times it feels like the catfish or whatever fish is on the string is off.

I have pulled up 100+ feet and it is everywhere so tall man Dauber gets to pulling up string and we both wait as it seems to be getting close.
Then there it is a grey colored catfish about 18" long ans skinny in the guts area.
I grabbed it and noticed it felt different and the fins were different and in a slightly different spot.

It felt like suede and no slime.
I placed it in the grass and it humped up like a house cat that wanted to be pet on balancing on it's fins and chin and on the back of it's tail.

It looked at all of us with very sad eyes and eyes of relief for saving it from that hook and fishing line.
We pet it and it seemed to be comforted by that and we all decided to let it go back into the hole as it was needing to travel and find food to get fat.

@dennishoddy said he had stumbled upon that hole in his field and dropped a string down it to see how deep it was and it was 280 feet deep so he baited a line and caught that fish but it was fat when he lowered it back into the hole and created the treasure hunt.

It was like no fish he had ever seen.
Almost evolved to a point of walking and having feelings.

So that happened and then I sat up and seen it was 5:30 am and 62° in the bedroom.
Thought I would share.
Time for more wood in the wood stove.

Good morning all.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have an aunt that has never had a dream and when she goes to sleep she lays on her back and when she gets up she is in the same exact position and her hair is not even messed up.
Covers are exactly the same as when she went to sleep.

I found that odd when she told me that.
No tossing and turning and no dreams.
70+ year old country gal from Cushing Oklahoma

Latest posts

Top Bottom