Fin and Feather Resort

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Went there many times as a kid in the 70's and early 80's. Their website hasn't been updated since 2016 it looks like. Says the buffet isn't in service this season. Is that place still operational? Definitely a "throwback in time" as the pics on their site doesn't look like anything has changed lol.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The son in law blew all the cash flow and didn’t put any back into the up keep of the resort. I would imagine if somebody doesn’t buy it in the next year or two that a lot of it will be beyond repair.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The son in law blew all the cash flow and didn’t put any back into the up keep of the resort. I would imagine if somebody doesn’t buy it in the next year or two that a lot of it will be beyond repair.
Same think happened to Gaston's White River Resort in the Bull shoals tailwaters. When the original owner ran it, he did so for the benefit of his customers. He realized if the customers quit coming, he would fail as a business, so he catered to every whim and offered great customer service. When we stayed there, a sleeve of trout power bait would be left on each pillow by housekeeping every day you stayed there. The restaurant was impressive and at one time was the only Michelin 1 star restaurant in Arkansas.
Sadly the owner passed and SIL took over. The restaurant lost it's star with the food becoming like cheap diner food. Trout bait went away and the total vibe of the place is that of a place in trouble. Reservations used to be a year in advance, now there are vacant rooms daily.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to go to Fin and Feather years ago also. I also used to fly over to Gastons for lunch or spend the weekend. I agree food and service went down hill and it was no longer worth the expense. Neat runway, one way both in and out. Kept you puckered up at times. Just when you had your take off made over the trees you could glance over to your left and be level with decks of houses on the hill there with people waving to you. Woops need a little more altitude before making a left turn, haha. It is a shame we have lost so many great places to go to for a decent meal like Bakers Catfish south of Wagoner.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's interesting, I went to school with him, doesn't seem like the kind of person that would do that. I know he has a restaurant there with his name on it, not sure how successful it is.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's interesting, I went to school with him, doesn't seem like the kind of person that would do that. I know he has a restaurant there with his name on it, not sure how successful it is.
He also had a connivence store in Gore by the same name. It did really well for a few years. But they let it go and it has been shut down for couple of years now. It is my understanding that with the store that the original owner carried part of the note and the bank carried the other part. I guess it was defaulted on and had been in limbo ever since.

It is amazing the standard of homes that are being built on Tenkiller since Covid started. I guess people working remotely get to spend more time at their vacation homes. It seems like a resort would be fully sustainable with the amount of people that are around there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom