Fin and Feather Resort

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slim Deal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Same think happened to Gaston's White River Resort in the Bull shoals tailwaters. When the original owner ran it, he did so for the benefit of his customers. He realized if the customers quit coming, he would fail as a business, so he catered to every whim and offered great customer service. When we stayed there, a sleeve of trout power bait would be left on each pillow by housekeeping every day you stayed there. The restaurant was impressive and at one time was the only Michelin 1 star restaurant in Arkansas.
Sadly the owner passed and SIL took over. The restaurant lost it's star with the food becoming like cheap diner food. Trout bait went away and the total vibe of the place is that of a place in trouble. Reservations used to be a year in advance, now there are vacant rooms daily.
I've been there as well. Back in the early 80's a group of us Oilys went for a 3 day fishing trip. It was really cool and we had a great time.

stewartglock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We were there a couple of years ago for a weekend. The rooms had the same furniture they would have had in the 80s. Food was great and we spent most of our time at the lake, showing the kids our old lake house, our old hang outs/dining spots and only slept in the room which was too small for a family of 4.

okiebertt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have not been there in decades but pass by when I go out to Tenkiller lake. I stayed there a weekend with my parents back in the 60s and ate there a few times in the 70s. I love the view.

Latest posts

Top Bottom