Finished sighting in my .375

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prdator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is no big deal to neck up the .300 RUM brass to .338 for the Edge. If you want a shorter barreled rifle then stick to the .338 RUM. If you want a .375 for long range, then look at the .375 Cheytac.

insert from:prdator
Now if you want long range and a .375 ( I did) I went with the .375 Rum Now this will give recoil a new name...... Im running a 300gr TSX at 2875.
Using what load data and powder are coming up with that velocity? The bc of the 300gr TSX is only .357. That is fine for short range shooting; but sucks for long range. It is a great set-up for elk/bear at normal ranges. I don't believe your velocity numbers are correct though.

Here's a pick of my DE .338 Edge.

Thorgrim,

Man nice rifle!!!!!!
Do you shoot F class with that??

As I said on the 338 edge it can be done it's a pain for (ME).

The context of which I spoke of Long range was in my hunting world, long range = 500-600 yds. and for most people that's stretching it.

For the real long range guy's that shoot stuff like you have pictured well that 's a whole other ball game.. and one I like to play. And yes for really long range the .375- 300gr TSX sucks but for performance on game I like none better.

As far as my velocity numbers and load lets say it is a heaping helping of one certain lot of RL-22 and the velocity was from my Ohler 35p.

Thorgrim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My .338 has a brake on it. So it's a no go. I just got it recently and have only taken it to the range one time. I hate the summer heat here. I do have a .280 Ack. Imp and a .308 that I would consider using. I've just been very busy with personal crap the past 2 years.

Latest posts

Top Bottom