Firearms Training Options?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
.Im not only looking at handgun courses, but Im not really sure how you can say you don't see the benefit of their training based on a course description. Round count doesnt really bother me. In fact that tells me that they actually spend time instructing and not lining up on a range and going bang bang bang.

I'm not saying they don't have benefit. I'm saying the tuition, expenses, travel vs. benefit isn't there for me, just my opinion. What is available here is top notch. If someone can't learn to run a pistol, a shotgun or a semi-automatic rifle with what we have here then, well, I hope they have deep pockets. To each his own.

One reason you don't see more offerings is because often times they can't suitably fill the classes. So they quit offering. I know at one point TDSA was considering dropping ACPII because of lack of consistent enrollment. I guess it all depends on your market. In a rough economy fewer and fewer people can spend $700 or more on a weekend firearms class.

Bang bang bang is important to me because I can't learn to shoot properly and more effectively without going bang bang bang. This may just be my opinion, but Instructors that do their job well instruct while on the line with people actually firing their weapons. The more bang the better. But that's just me.

Mechanicalmehem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I second the badlandstactical.net suggestion. .. awesome people. . Great price for product.. teach you what you actually need to know in the shortest amount of time necessary. . Can't say enough good things about them.
--Justin

JaredC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I second the badlandstactical.net suggestion. .. awesome people. . Great price for product.. teach you what you actually need to know in the shortest amount of time necessary. . Can't say enough good things about them.
--Justin

Yep....definitely will check them out when the time comes for precision rifle. I just wish USSA still offered the other classes. Cuts into the budget when you have to throw in flight and lodging too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom