Fishing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My favorite is either a threadfin shad crappie spinnerbait, or a chartreuse/white/blue spinnerbait. One or the other rarely fails to get a bite!
That threadfin crappie or shad pattern is also the killer big trout bait in tailwaters on the white river in Missouri and Arkansas when shad are coming through the overflow during high water conditions when floodgates are open. The big browns and rainbows gorge on them. 😉

Stephen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is there a place to fish the little river from the bank? I had a kayak but it and my Camry did not get along, so now I’m back to being stuck on land.

I assume this is also the little river near Thunderbird?
Franklin road bridge. Follow the arrow keep walking on the left side of wires fence.

Attachments

• IMG_7885.jpeg
    IMG_7885.jpeg
    823.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Stephen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve seen this spot before but always thought I might be trespassing if I fished there.
Not if you park on the side of Franklin road before the bridge and follow my arrow walk back down, keep walking on the left side of the trespassing sign. Then you will see the fishing area sign. It will make sense once you’re there. ( and don’t park on the entry to the property I usually leave a note on the car window but parked at your own risk)

Last edited:

birdhunter1980

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tell me your from Eastern Oklahoma without telling me you're from Eastern Oklahoma. We got the Cimarron trickle out near me. It's "big" about 4 days a year. Would be nice to have access to real rivers like you boys do. Good haul, enjoy the spring bite!
Verdigris River!!
20240407_111136.jpg

birdhunter1980

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mind sharing your method? I have watched numerous videos and can never seem to catch cats regularly. About the only thing I can catch consistently is crappie and submerged branches.
Here's the rig I started using for catfish and it seems to work well. I basically find structure and use fresh cut shad. Like Ted said find the deep holes depending on the time of year.
20240407_112256.jpg

dan45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's the rig I started using for catfish and it seems to work well. I basically find structure and use fresh cut shad. Like Ted said find the deep holes depending on the time of year. View attachment 468624

So that's a small float between the hook and the swivel ?
That would help keep the bait off the bottom.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So that's a small float between the hook and the swivel ?
That would help keep the bait off the bottom.
Yup. I’ve heard it called a santee rig. it’s one of my favorite catfish rigs as well. I seem to get more bites with the bait suspended off the bottom that little bit vs lying on bottom.

Make sure to use a heavy enough weight and a small enough float. You’ll be surprised the buoyancy of those little foam floats.

Latest posts

Top Bottom