Flashlights in Tulsa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

watchcollector1968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The light bug seems to be acting up again and over the last couple of weeks I have gotten a few really nice lights. Unfortunately in Tulsa the selection is kind of limited as far as I can tell. I know between Sports World and BP Outfitter you can get Surefire and Fenix which is good. Does anyone around here carry any other brands like the 4Sevens or Klarus(spelling?) or similar?

Any help would be appreciated.

bryanherron

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is a Fenix Distributor in BA. I've walked in and bought several myself.

By the way, every now and then someone builds a better one, by and large Fenix is consistently the best for the money IMO.

watchcollector1968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have ordered from battery junction, great place. I have also been to BP outfitter, Sports World and the Fenix place in BA. All great places.

Surefire, Fenix and Mag are what I have experience with...Inova too but not overly impressed.

Before ordering sight unseen, I would like some recommendations. What about brands like Sunwayman, Nitecore, Olight and brands like that? 1 or 2 AA or CR123 lights preferred. What brands are going to be reliable and quality lights?

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have ordered from battery junction, great place. I have also been to BP outfitter, Sports World and the Fenix place in BA. All great places.

Surefire, Fenix and Mag are what I have experience with...Inova too but not overly impressed.

Before ordering sight unseen, I would like some recommendations. What about brands like Sunwayman, Nitecore, Olight and brands like that? 1 or 2 AA or CR123 lights preferred. What brands are going to be reliable and quality lights?

I have experience with and can recommend: JetBeam, Sunwayman, Nitecore, Fenix, 4Sevens, and Olight.

They're all good enough brands that you can trust pretty much most (if not all) of the models they currently make. The problem you're going to have is that you'll find features that you like/dislike or you'll want more lumens or longer runtime or larger/smaller form-factor (or a smaller spot, or larger flood).

I haven't had an issue with a light failing (and from the stories I've heard, the above manufacturers all tend to offer great service should you experience a failure), and I depend on the above brand-name lights as my EDC lights (almost all of my flashlights are 1x CR123 lights).

SoonerShooter08

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some good brands listed above. I've used FourSevens, Fenix, Klarus, Streamlight, and HDS Systems. Currently EDC a Fenix E15 and an HDS Systems High CRI Clicky. Both are single CR123. I keep a larger dual CR123 Fenix in the truck along with a few extra batteries.

Whether you go CR123, AA, or AAA, I'd recommended you standardize on one battery type if possible. Makes it easy to share spare batteries. Also, at least use lithium AA or AAA since they have better shelf life than the non-lithium variety. CR123 and similar variants, however will typically have higher output and longer run times and aren't at much of a price disadvantage if you buy them in bulk. I've pretty much standardized on CR123 except a few cheap headlamps.

bmxr4life87

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love my streamlight protac 2a i carry it every day at work and it gets heavy use. Anytime im away from the house it is in my pocket. Its not as popular for some reason as the more exotic lights but it has been a workhorse of a light