Folding Knife Choice.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have many excellent fixed, folding an automatic knives. Perhaps my favorite was an Al Mar Mini-Sere which I kept on my belt for over twenty years at the hospital where I worked. Although the facility had a ‘No Guns or Weapons’ policy, I was never questioned. I rarely used that knife and it still looks brand new. But for every day carry, opening boxes, stripping wires, prying things open and everyday use since around 2009, I’ve been using an SOG Twitch II…..(it needs frequent attention with a sharpening steel).
View attachment 456754
My old sharpening steel is a vintage Gerber ‘Gungnir’. This steel still takes off metal from blades and I’ve been using it since the mid 2970s….
View attachment 456755

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry a second hand ZT 0350 and like it really well.
IMG_1754.jpeg

DaveinOKC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Be careful this can be worse than firearms. You’ll catch yourself starting to carry a smaller fixed blade too in addition to the pocket knife 😳👍

Don't I know it. I really have been liking a lot of mid-tier knives from Vosteed, Miguron, CRJB and have some Kiser and Civivi on my list. I love the Vosteed Raccoon and I have one with a Drop-Point blade and looking at the cleaver style blade on. I am also looking at getting a Kiser Task, Kubey Bluff as I am trying different brands Sheepfoot style blades with their axis style locks. Also interested in the Migurun Keryx II titanium frame lock.

David

maxim240sx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looking at treating myself to a little nicer folding knife than I usually do. Looking at something a little different like the Hogue Deka, the Microtech MSI or the Demko AD20.5. The Hogue and the Microtech are USA Made...they all have M390 or CPM 20CV for Blade Material. The Demko may be in CPM S35VN. All of them may end of with a set of Original Goat Scales at some point. The range from $167 or so for the Deka up to $250 for the Demko and Microtech...although I may be the Microtech with the Polymer Scales vs G10 to save $70 knowing the scales would be replaced.

Does anybody have any feedback on them? The Hogue with G10 G-Mascus Scales in slightly in the lead for me right now.

View attachment 456284

The Microtech MSI

View attachment 456285

Or the Demko AD20.5

View attachment 456290
If you are tech savvy, join some knife groups on fb. They run buy sell trade ads everyday and you can get some killer deals. I got a deka in magnacut with aluminum joker scales for 100

Attachments

• IMG_4708.jpeg
    IMG_4708.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0