Folding Knife Choice.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxim240sx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

DaveinOKC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

fatcpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I usually carry Spyderco knives but I bought this Civivi Sokoke back in December and like it pretty well. It has a 3.35 inch blade and is a well made knife for $65. The blade steel isn’t the best but it sharpens easily and holds an edge pretty well.

Attachments

• IMG_0536.jpeg
    IMG_0536.jpeg
    62.8 KB · Views: 0

DaveinOKC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I also picked up another Manix 2 LW and Hogue Deka with Magnacut Wharncliff Blade and titanium scales. Still looking at getting a Spyderco Yojumbo or Manix 2 XL.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I tried being a knife snob, but I just could not fathom the ideology behind it. I'm no metallurgical genius, so I don't know one steel from another. :scratch:

The lazy in me prefers stainless: easy to maintain, no rust (usually) and can take some light abuse. The trade off is, it dulls quickly and is generally a PITA to sharpen and keep sharp.

Some of my favorite brands are (please forgive me) cheap chinese companies such as Civivi, Sencut and the budget line from Spyderco (Tenacious family - NOT the Byrd models).

Of course, day in/day out, if I'm vertical, you're gonna find a Victorinox (or two ;)) in me pocket. The Alox scale Cadet and Farmer are me favorites and they travel with me every where I may roam.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some of my favorite brands are (please forgive me) cheap chinese companies such as Civivi, Sencut
I just picked up a WE Knives (the "big brother" to Civivi and Sencut) RekkeR, which was designed by Kyle Lamb (it even has the VTAC logo on the blade). It's made with American steel and I figure if it's good enough for a Delta operator, I'm not gonna complain too much about it being made in China.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just picked up a WE Knives (the "big brother" to Civivi and Sencut) RekkeR, which was designed by Kyle Lamb (it even has the VTAC logo on the blade). It's made with American steel and I figure if it's good enough for a Delta operator, I'm not gonna complain too much about it being made in China.

This one?

img_2774.jpg

I like that blade shape. Reminds me of the blade on the Leatherman Skeletool Topo. Me very favorite Leatherman.

WIT-LT85TPdet4__15277.1597412945.jpg

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I too am really looking forward to the show end of next month. Being a guy it’s in my DNA to always want the next, best shiny doodad. My problem is I use my Victorinox Tinker’s various tools throughout the day and while there’s a strong desire to carry a really nice folder I know I wouldn’t forgo the Tinker and don’t think I’d ever use the folder. Also not a big fan of carrying crap I don’t use just to look cool. 🤷🏼‍♂️