Food Plot Basics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
TY! We've tried a mix with soybeans and cowpeas before but they get wiped out by the deer before even close to producing a bean.
That's the problem with planting beans. They get nipped off and never grow back unless you have a huge plot that will keep them fed all season and need more rain than we get in NW Ok.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_0158.jpeg
I planted my food plots a week ago Tuesday, then started getting rain on them a week ago today. Since the rain started, I have had 3.1” total, getting rain about ever other day. Needless to say, I was very pleased when I pulled in today and saw a perfect stand of cowpeas. I then took the tractor to the back of the place to check out the summer wildlife mix I planted and was pleased with how it is coming on.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 475394I planted my food plots a week ago Tuesday, then started getting rain on them a week ago today. Since the rain started, I have had 3.1” total, getting rain about ever other day. Needless to say, I was very pleased when I pulled in today and saw a perfect stand of cowpeas. I then took the tractor to the back of the place to check out the summer wildlife mix I planted and was pleased with how it is coming on.
That's going to be a great food plot!
Do you use a grow cage to see how hard they are hitting it? I need to and never have.

Latest posts

Top Bottom