For Metal or Hardcore fans, Album I am writing is getting closer...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do use a few guitars with passives and when I do its either sets of 'real' Bill Lawrences I have in my tool box or MHDs. A budd from one of my bands his bro makes em up near where I live in northern Cali. http://mhd-pickups.com/.

My only 2 Gibson LPs, an 86' black Custom and a newer 05' Standard, I dont use em at all, theyre put away. When I need an LP type I use some ESP Eclipses I have.

Last edited:

ZombieHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do use a few guitars with passives and when I do its either sets of 'real' Bill Lawrences I have in my tool box or MHDs, a budd from one of my bands that is his bro that makes em up here in northern Cali. http://mhd-pickups.com/.

Do they have a 7 set to try out? Or strictly a 6 pickup Co. I wouldn't be against throwing one in my 7620 that I am gonna put a Seymour Duncan Liberator setup in soon, watch that video if you have not seen it, $25 and an hour to install and you can HOT-SWAP pickups...so freaking awesome.

ZombieHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And I am not totally against jamming or playing with people around here, I would just rather put out my own solo stuff and if people come to me maybe they will be less likely to flake...lol.

But as far as Vocals go there is only really one person I want and that is the singer from my previous band, dude is a 3rd grade English teacher now, but he is an English Major and is a freaking word smith if there ever was one, great at the double meaning and subtle associative rhyming, on top of just having one of the ballsiest screams I ever cared for...just listen to this if you wanna see what he could do live hotboxed - Live at Rock and Roll Pizza That is freaking OLD, I think its 2005 right before the original guitarist left to make dubstep (weak) and I was getting ready to go to Boston for Music School in the off months summers, singer got Married and I moved here, end of a 12 year band simple as that.

The drummer of that band's Father was a HUGE studio musician in the 60's and 70's, one of those fill-in's that went unnamed because the band's drummer was too high or drunk, he was and still is one of the best natural time keepers I have ever known....using a click track with him is downright offensive as he was always within 2ms of the pocket after analyzing it, sure live we sped stuff up a bit as adrenaline tends to do that, but it was better than the sterility of bands today that RELY on click and backing tracks, we were more a fan of the Deftones type approach...practice, practice, and practice some more until its "Dolphin Butt" tight as we called it. The Deftones are one of the only bigger bands that I know of that don't use clicks in their in-ears. That band was the only one I was in before moving here and we turned down more label offers than I care to think about, but they wanted to of course own the masters and we were not prepared to give them up, still would have been cool to spend a bunch of some label's money and tour the world though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom