For the 1st Time in 42 years I am not Going to Vote...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been screwed by the system many many times..I learned in 7th grade your vote does NOT count for the presidency
A few hundred people will decide that for you because you the general public are too stupid to decide.

I will never vote and I will never have a conceal carry permit(sorry another topic).. the less they know of me or see me the better I feel.
I do not even know if I am registered to vote and do not care ..Through my entire life nothing I said or done made any difference when the MAN was involved.

My word against theirs.. they are all liars and crooks in my book.They beat me down many times and i have a bad taste in my mouth for all political crap and people who think they wear the big pants.
I will live in my world and they can live in theirs.

just saying

easy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Werewolf - Now that you've decided not to have a say in how things are or should be in the future, you should have no complaints about things either. I imagine from now on we won't be seeing any comments from you in the 2A or political threads? After all, if you cared enough about those things, you'd have voted.

I vote so that when I complain about stuff, at least I tried to influence this country.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This morning I kinda was feeling the same way as the OP. But I got up in the rain and voted. I feel better about doing it. If I wanna ***** about who is in office, at least I did a little something to try and change. My 2 cents.
Same here--I thought about skipping out, but I got myself out there in the rain before work and did my civic duty. I may have voted for the lesser of two weevils in more than one race, but at least I voted.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was in a stinking foxhole powered by my own shet 7500 miles away in a hard monsoon rain when I got to vote in the year it went from 21 to 18 years old.
I was an 18 year old cannon fodder daftee.

I've never missed a single vote since that day. The vote is the most powerful right next to armed revolt that an individual has.

I'm disgusted at the people that think passing on a vote to regulate our government is a statement of some sort.

You should be ashamed.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I understand where you're coming from. As someone whose political beliefs are diametrically opposed to both of the dominant political philosophies in this country, I can rarely determine who I think is the "lesser evil" on the ballot; and in the event that someone does get on the ballot with something resembling my views, he is almost certainly some obscure independent candidate whose odds of winning are somewhere between winning the lottery and getting struck by lightning while getting bit by a shark on an airplane.

I'm not even one of those who thinks that voting is an act of aggression, or an expression of consent or subservience, like many who share my beliefs think... I just think it is usually nothing more than a serial killer beauty pageant, and a waste of time.

That's not to say that getting involved in the political system is always a waste of time... Just that the important decisions are already made by the second Tuesday in November; and the process by which they are made strongly favors the selection of people who desire for more force to be initiated by the government. Diffuse costs and concentrated benefits. Not a very fun game for a guy whose only desire for the politicians and government is for them to initiate less force... you can see why I don't often play.

FWIW there is an a$$load of libertarian beliefs amongst the younger generation (30 and under). It's amazing how most of the people my age and a hair younger are very similar in desire for smaller govt and more personal freedom. Registered democrats, republicans, and independents that I know almost all have a similar mindset. Problem is that it's going to take a while before this influence is felt. Just not enough of us to offset the moral majority and govt. first voters.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
FWIW there is an a$$load of libertarian beliefs amongst the younger generation (30 and under). It's amazing how most of the people my age and a hair younger are very similar in desire for smaller govt and more personal freedom. Registered democrats, republicans, and independents that I know almost all have a similar mindset. Problem is that it's going to take a while before this influence is felt. Just not enough of us to offset the moral majority and govt. first voters.

You just put up the platform of the tea party.

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I feel the same way as you, but I hardly see it as a reason to not vote and just hand it over. Democrats just love people who,become too jaded to vote.

Latest posts

Top Bottom