Fox 25 does an open carry story

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmoney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm just now kind of reading through this open carry stuff, but that seems to be an issue with the way the statute is worded. It comes off as "carry as you are allowed in your respective state" which would be concealed only in TX, but would create a lot of issues in actual practice. Officers would need to become proficient in understanding the carry law of each respective state (a potential nightmare) in order to properly enforce the law here. I am hoping that it is the other way around.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
It would seem to me that OK recognizes that you have a gun permit from TX and thus allows you to operate under OK law when visiting OK.
If you have a TX drivers licence and come to OK you are allowed to drive but under our laws and speed limits.
Maybe I am wrong.

jmoney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That would be my thoughts on it, for some reason I think the interview goofed me up. Like I said I'll sit back and wait for someone else a little better read on the subject can answer in the definitive before i slap on my favorite OWB holster

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
It's always been an issue of "Know the local laws if you travel with a gun".

Still will be. It would seem that some are over thinking this.

If I go to TX, I obey Texas carry laws. Same in AR, or KS, or....

Likewise, if they come here, they obey our laws.

Works the same way the driver's licenses work.

DirtyDawg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be easier for everyone if we just recognized and upheld the 2nd Amendment??

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It would seem to me that OK recognizes that you have a gun permit from TX and thus allows you to operate under OK law when visiting OK.
If you have a TX drivers licence and come to OK you are allowed to drive but under our laws and speed limits.
Maybe I am wrong.

A good example of that would be that a DWI in Oklahoma is different than one in Texas. You can get get charged for a Oklahoma DWI while driving on a Texas license. And you can open carry in Oklahoma on a Texas permit.

The argument that will be made by Oklahoma gun permit holders in a year or two to the Legislators will be that since Oklahoma allows people from Constitutional carry states to open carry here in Oklahoma without a permit, then why is our state government forcing Oklahomans to pay for a permit to open carry when other state's citizens are allowed open carry here for free!

Latest posts

Top Bottom