FREE SMALL PISTOL PRIMERS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That got your attention I bet!

Free powder too!!!

So..... With all the craziness going on lets look at this!

Before Christmas a local shop had Blazer Brass 115fmj or 124fmj for $11.99 a box of 50.

Thats $0.2398 per round including packaging!

Now a quick trip to starline brass has 9mm brass for $165 / 1000 or $.165ea.

So .2398-.165= .0748

Now a quick trip to montana gold for 115gn fmj are $350 / 4000 or $87.50 / 1000 or $.0875ea

So $.0748-.0875 is $−.0127
You would need a $.0127ea more of a discount on the brass or bullets to break even with the Blazer Brass, plus they come loaded already free labor.

So in review you can not buy the brass and bullets for the cost of 9mm blazer brass by CCI.

Just a little fyi for all those suckers that think 7 to 10 cent primers are the new normal.

As you can see a profit was made by cci (blazer brass), a distributer, the local dealer, plus a trucking company or two at that price!

7-10 primers is only because someone keeps scarfing them up at those crazy prices.

I'd be willing to bet cci makes a primer for less than 1 penny after all the bills are paid!

Folks stop buying primers until the price drops back to a realistic $30 / 1000

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Same thing happened with .22RF. Same thing happened with primers in the early 2000's. Hoarders drove up the price. When their closets got full, the price dropped right back down to normal.
I bet there are cartons of those high dollar primers stacked like crazy in someones place.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bet there are cartons of those high dollar primers stacked like crazy in someones place.
My cousin that doesn't own a .22RF jumped on the hoarding, thinking that was going to be the new gold standard. He's probably sitting on $6000 of .22 he paid that is selling for 1/2 that now. He just knew it was going to double in price. Nope.

Rustygun

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Using your equation reloading is clearly not for you.

My circumstances are different ... first off I don't buy brass. I get all the brass I can ever use picking it up at the outdoor range. I literally have 5 gallon buckets full of brass in all different calibers.

Secondly, I bought powder and primers during the last administration when things were cheap and plentiful. My cost per round of 9mm is somewhere around .012 cents. As far as labor ... with my old Dillon 650 I can easily make 300 rounds and hour while drinking a cup of coffee.

Good luck finding ammo during the next shortage. I'm good with .012 cents per round for a very long time.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

My circumstances are different ... first off I don't buy brass. I get all the brass I can ever use picking it up at the outdoor range. I literally have 5 gallon buckets full of brass in all different calibers.

Secondly, I bought powder and primers during the last administration when things were cheap and plentiful. My cost per round of 9mm is somewhere around .012 cents. As far as labor ... with my old Dillon 650 I can easily make 300 rounds and hour while drinking a cup of coffee.

Good luck finding ammo during the next shortage. I'm good with .012 cents per round for a very long time.
This^^^. I’m not loading 9mm that cheap but it’s not too much more. I’ve got buckets of range pickup brass and can cast bullets from scrap lead given to me. Although I typically buy the lead bullets in bulk. The biggest advantage - I never have a problem during shortages.

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I think you clearly missed the point!

And it sounds like you are not part of the problem.

The point is the, people should be letting those expensive primers sit on the shelves until they are a reasonable $30 / 1000.

Banding together we can drive prices down.

And.....

Ok ok, you got caught with your pants down and need some primers for a up coming hunt or to have for your protection, go buy a sleeve of 100, but dont buy every brick in sight!

Latest posts

Top Bottom