Ft. Sill Deer Survey Results.....looks like a bad year ahead of us

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SIG44

Marksman
Reaction score
I just did a spotlight count for DMAP. There were plenty of fawns. I'm not done with all the surveys but I bet the total numbers and buck/doe ratio is not changed from last year. This is in Western Ok. Dewey County.

I can only really speak for what I see here in southern Osage Co, but I'm seeing more does with fawns than I've seen in the past 6 years. Ive got three groups coming on my 25 acres. Last week I counted 5 does and 7 fawns. I typically will see 2-4 does and 3-5 fawns.

raymill

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
WOW....This thread took a wrong turn. The title says "FT Sill deer survey....Looks like a bad year" and then a few people went down the X-Bow road and how it is positive or negative. Ft Sill did not pass the law like the rest of the state allowing X-Bows only hunters with disabilities or note from doctor is authorized. I hunt Ft Sill exclusivley and was hoping for some good feed back and insight on the current conditions and really havent read anything on this topic in this thread, but I did go to the elk draw this afternoon and the game warden said they were reducing the total number of deer taken on all ranges by about 250 that seems like alot, but he said the heard are healthy and there are more mature deer which is always a good thing. I am hoping to kill a few does this weekend. Hope everyone has a succesful season opener

Davs2601

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah the post kinda took a left somewhere back at the beginning. I guess I should said the word "X-Bow". How long have you been hunting ft sill? this will be my 3rd year and Im very fond of Quannah range. Hopefully I will make it down there next Saturday

WOW....This thread took a wrong turn. The title says "FT Sill deer survey....Looks like a bad year" and then a few people went down the X-Bow road and how it is positive or negative. Ft Sill did not pass the law like the rest of the state allowing X-Bows only hunters with disabilities or note from doctor is authorized. I hunt Ft Sill exclusivley and was hoping for some good feed back and insight on the current conditions and really havent read anything on this topic in this thread, but I did go to the elk draw this afternoon and the game warden said they were reducing the total number of deer taken on all ranges by about 250 that seems like alot, but he said the heard are healthy and there are more mature deer which is always a good thing. I am hoping to kill a few does this weekend. Hope everyone has a succesful season opener

Latest posts

Top Bottom