Full speed ahead for the poachers!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keystone1974

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Poachers suck... Sounds like the game warden who didnt jump on the pair of poachers"no matter what age" Must be related to our PreZ. Not interested in the Law for their friends. Citizens Arrest for anyone I Catch on the public land I hunt !!!

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last Sunday night here in chouteau a couple of kids got caught trying to arrow a buck out of the county commissioner's backyard (he lives in a housing addition). Havn't heard how much trouble they got in yet.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I suspect with the economy we have poaching will increase. Maybe it's just me, but it seems poaching is at it's worst in early bow season.

I wish it were the economy to blame. Aside from the trespassing and shooting from road, etc, I honestly have no problem with someone shooting a deer out of season when that is their only means of surviving. But that is rarely the case, and those that do shoot out of season for food do it quietly and not for trophies. But when I have dead deer showing up on my doorstep and a knife hasn't even touched it, then it is a bunch of sorry sumbitches that I have no respect for.

APeterson

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Apeterson- Contact the chief of law enforcement at ODWC, Robert Fleemer 405 521-3851 and discuss your options with him.

I spoke with a gentleman at ODWC (Last November-December) in regards to my options. My worries stem from my local Game Warden. He is genuinely a nice guy. I don't want to get him in trouble for being to lax. The Game Wardens have massive amounts of land to patrol and are seriously overworked and understaffed. Lord knows NO ONE wants an angry Game Warden scrutinizing your every action.

Boomerdog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had almost 300 acres of decent hunting land in the hills around Hartshorne for a few years. Between, poachers, trespassers and meth cooks, I decided to unload the property. From what I could fathom, the poachers and trespassers had been doing it for generations and didn't give a rat's behind who owned the land. I couldn't police it from 3.5 hours away, so I sold it.

Now I lease on a working cattle ranch and have no problems.

Sorry for the problems you are encountering. I guess some things will never change.

Huckelberry75

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Roosta, remember to fire for effect!!!!!!!! If you hear a shot, maybe they are signaling that they need help. You should return that signal shot with a full magazine, just to make sure that they understand you got their message.

Bastardo's!!

speedlock

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
We used to hunt in SE OK and they (poachers) would come thru with these sand rail looking vehicles with lights on every corner, they would drive right by our camp and in a few minutes you would hear them shooting. You have to be very careful in that part of the state not only do you have poachers but you have other illegal activities (meth labs, pot fields) and they are guarded like Fort Knox.

Latest posts

Top Bottom