Fury: WWII Tank flick. Thumbs Up?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pb2624

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I usually don't pay to go and watch on the big screen however, IMO it was $9.00 well spent. Would watch it again and will most likely add it to my blue ray collection when ava.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw it. It was good.
Only part I found implasable was the love scene with a german woman the same day the americans took a german town.
I dont think so.

Wardaddy gave em' chow and smokes, Luckies even.:wave:

Accurate uniforms, equipment and weapons for the most part. They did their research.

As SMS said, worth the ticket price. Watch it in XD, whatever the hell that is. I thought an XD was a pistol, but it evidently has movie applications.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Saw it last night. The whole time, I was thinking they sure spent a lot of money, paid a lot of attention to detail, and could've made a really good movie. The uniforms, equipment - 100% as far as I could tell. (except for a couple clicks coming from empty gun)
The movie at least portrayed the Germans as soldiers caught up in the war, doing their jobs, just like the Americans.
Predictably, the most repulsive character is an ignoramous from the south. (thanks, Hollywood)
The actual tank attack and following battle are complete fantasy. The language throughout is offensive, and while I realize offensive language would be part of the scene, the f-word, and m-f were not part of the typical vernacular of the day, as they are now. (according to vets of the era)
Overall, it was cool to see accurate equipment etc...and the popcorn was good. Save your money, IMHO.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The language throughout is offensive, and while I realize offensive language would be part of the scene, the f-word, and m-f were not part of the typical vernacular of the day, as they are now. (according to vets of the era)
I don't know about that. Obviously, I wasn't there, but I'm pretty sure my first exposure to F-bombs was the repeated "f---" in Boyington's Baa, Baa, Black Sheep. I just listened to the Audible version of EB Sledge's With the Old Breed, and I don't recall a lot of f-bombing, but swearing has to be pretty bad before I'll notice it.

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I finally saw it. It's a solid Hollywood movie, but overall pretty silly. The whole '1 disabled tank vs an SS Battalion' was pretty dumb.

Seeing the upgunned Sherman against a Tiger was cool. Absorbing 3 rounds from a Mauser... ehh.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saw it this past Sunday. I really liked it. The battles were intense with the portrayal of the velocity of the rounds. The most glaring error I saw was the near instantaneous transition from day till night during the final battle. Idk if they were trying to portray a protracted fight or not but it felt like an oversight. Also noticed the Stg 44 right off the bat. I would not doubt that many GIs would confiscate those during the end of the war. Would definitely watch again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom