Fury: WWII Tank flick. Thumbs Up?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I seldom pay attention to new releases, but I've been following this one for a while:

[video=youtube_share;-OGvZoIrXpg]http://youtu.be/-OGvZoIrXpg[/video]

I've not heard much about the plot (it is fiction), but I have read online where the tank fanbois and WWII 'rivet counter' authentication police praise the filmmakers for their attention to details.

For example, they are using three real Tigers in this movie, including one the film restored to operational condition just so they'd get the engine noise and tread 'clanking' right.
In contrast to the 'realism' in Saving Private Ryan, where they modded soviet T-34s to appear like Nazi armor, this movie has the real thing.

What have you heard about this movie? Good/ bad?

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm really looking forward to this flick too. Brad Pitt has accidentally turned into a good actor over the last two or so decades. Of course I'll watch just about anything with Shia Labeouf in it. I'm pretty confident he will turn out to be one of the greats in my generation.

I haven't seen much press on the film, beyond seeing the trailer in just about every action movie since April, but it looks insanely good.

Big_McLargehuge

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm really looking forward to this flick too. Brad Pitt has accidentally turned into a good actor over the last two or so decades. Of course I'll watch just about anything with Shia Labeouf in it. I'm pretty confident he will turn out to be one of the greats in my generation.

I haven't seen much press on the film, beyond seeing the trailer in just about every action movie since April, but it looks insanely good.

This is sarcasm, right?

I'm looking forward to the movie. There's a serious lack of good WW2 tank movies.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I seldom pay attention to new releases, but I've been following this one for a while:

[video=youtube_share;-OGvZoIrXpg]http://youtu.be/-OGvZoIrXpg[/video]

I've not heard much about the plot (it is fiction), but I have read online where the tank fanbois and WWII 'rivet counter' authentication police praise the filmmakers for their attention to details.

For example, they are using three real Tigers in this movie, including one the film restored to operational condition just so they'd get the engine noise and tread 'clanking' right.
In contrast to the 'realism' in Saving Private Ryan, where they modded soviet T-34s to appear like Nazi armor, this movie has the real thing.

What have you heard about this movie? Good/ bad?

Check last Sunday Tulsa World. 91 year old local veteran of N Africa, Sicily, Normandy, and Bastogne served as technical adviser.

Latest posts

Top Bottom