Game Camera question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacque1282

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am looking at several different options for a new game camera for my husband since his was stolen. Has anyone tried the Moultrie Panoramic 150? I am just curious to know if the panoramic feature was any good. The ratings I have read online seem to all be positive, but if someone on here has tried it, I would be more apt to listen to your reviews. The others I am considering are the Browning BTC 3XR Spec Ops XR and the Bushnell 8MP Trophy Cam HD. Thanks in advance!

okievarmint

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Panoramic 150 takes 3 pictures by pivoting a single lens on an axis and taking 3 pics. While the panoramic pictures are outstanding, the stitching of them together to make 1 photo is poor. They even have an upgrade on their website, but it didn't make much difference. You will need to view the pictures on a computer, as you will need to zoom in. Battery life really needs improvement. I put one on Moultrie's Solar Battery pack, and that works fine; no more batteries! It really needs a guard on the lens, as every time there is dew, light rain, or moisture, the lens is covered so bad all the photos are blurred. I covered the camera and it helped somewhat. The reaction times for videos, while good quality, is lacking. There are too many videos with nothing on them. I think we will see more panoramic game cams from other manufacturers. My reviews of the Moultrie Panoramic 150 are posted on other sites.

okievarmint

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A couple of sample shots taken with a Moultrie 150 Panoramic

bigun1024.jpg

MFDC0018.jpg

MFDC0003.jpg

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't tried a panoramic camera, but my Moultrie eats batteries like candy. I've tried a couple Browning Strike Force cameras for a couple months now, and after taking about 4k pictures each, the battery meter is still showing 100% with 6 lithium AA batteries. Needless to say, I'm impressed, and the picture quality is top notch too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom