Expensive vs cheap game cameras

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I live over 500 miles from my hunting spot and depend on my game cameras to provide the majority of my scouting, so I want the "best". I've tried quite a few, and about 5 years ago, I discovered HCO/Uway cellular cameras. They have worked flawlessly for me. My original cameras are 2g, and AT&T is phasing out all those older devices. I have already switched to the new Spartan model, and after a few months and a few thousand pictures, I'm confident they are going to work at least as well as the old models (but with better picture quality and battery life).

For non-cellular cameras, I still use Browning Strike Force, and they've been great too.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I live over 500 miles from my hunting spot and depend on my game cameras to provide the majority of my scouting, so I want the "best". I've tried quite a few, and about 5 years ago, I discovered HCO/Uway cellular cameras. They have worked flawlessly for me. My original cameras are 2g, and AT&T is phasing out all those older devices. I have already switched to the new Spartan model, and after a few months and a few thousand pictures, I'm confident they are going to work at least as well as the old models (but with better picture quality and battery life).

For non-cellular cameras, I still use Browning Strike Force, and they've been great too.
The Reconyx SC950C has several advantages over the HCO. The most significant advantage is the burst mode it has. It can take up to 10 pictures and send, whereas other cellular cameras including the HCO, take a picture and send a picture then take another. This means your pics are about 1 min apart at best. Also, the Reconyx trigger speed is 0.25 seconds where the HCO trigger speed is just over 1 second. This means the Reconyx will not miss as many pics as the HCO will. It does come at a price though, $1200.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom