Gas ltrimmers ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pb2624

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been using the same 3 Shindaiwa weedeater, edger, and blower for over ten years with no major issues, just regular maintenance. Sinclair premium gas with the oem fuel mix which already has stabil added.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Husqvarna that is just now 2 years old now and had a Homelite for about 12 years before that. I only sold the little Homelite because I've grown more & more prone to lower back strains and stooping with the curved shaft trimmer made me sore after awhile. The longer straight shaft trimmers are a lot more comfortable in my opinion. I also use a Craftsman 4 cycle frequently, it belongs to a family member and have quite a bit of experience running a TroyBilt trimmer as well. I'm of the mind that if you take care of it, just about anything will work for normal use. Folks that cut grass as a business have different needs because of the hours that they put on their equipment, but I haven't had problems with any of the models of gas trimmers I've used - keep the trimmer clean, use whole gas, clean and change the air filter, gap the plug right and change it every year, run Stabil in it in for the winter, just do what you know you ought to and you can probably keep most anything running. Just don't buy some completely unknown product, I have seen a small engine that was well cared for lock up for no good reason, but if you are buying a well established brand that shouldn't be a big concern.

Viper16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been using the same 3 Shindaiwa weedeater, edger, and blower for over ten years with no major issues, just regular maintenance. Sinclair premium gas with the oem fuel mix which already has stabil added.

I am a huge fan of Shindaiwa Blowers, weedeaters, edgers! I do not care their commercial designed handles, but the rest of the product is great!

Latest posts

Top Bottom