Glock 17 or XDM 9mm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'd look at a Sig P226 or possibly a Walther if you want a step up from the Glock. The XDM is an excellent gun at $500 new and $400 used, but at $600+ new? No way. Either stick with the Glock, or look for a true upgrade for the price (in my opinion).

IMO, the only thing youre gaining by going to a sig over a glock is a lighter wallet.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Online evaluation test:
Before you consider an XDM, try to find a replacement XDM striker. Or just pick any random XDM part and try to find a factory replacement.

Now try to find a Glock 17 firing pin.

Compare the results.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From what I understand, the XDm's also come with three "back-straps"(?), or whatever they are called that can be interchanged to let one get the right "feel" of the grip.

While the wife and I own XD's, I like the feel of them enough to not really cary about "back-straps".

Robertson07

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will be going to H&H this next weekend if you bring a 100 rounds of 9mm i will let you put them though my XDM and my G17. That way you can decide for your self which one you like more. IMO i would choose my XDM hands down over the glock but thats my .02

Well first, I would take this guy up on his offer! :thumbup3:

Then... buy an XDm. My husband LOVES his.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMO, the only thing youre gaining by going to a sig over a glock is a lighter wallet.

I totally agree for the most part when it comes to defensive shooting. But what about over the XDm?

If they're down to $560, then that's probably a different story - then I'd just get the Glock at that point. Seems like I remembered them (not too long ago) being quite a bit higher.

Meh, I'm not really in the market for one, so I guess I haven't really been paying attention.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just shoot them both - that's what you'll have to do. When I went out to get a 9mm I was making the same decision(Glock vs XD) - I had lotsa buddies that said get the Glock but I'd done a lot of research that pointed me towards the XD. I shot a Glock and then picked up an XD, it was instantly more comfortable to me and my decision was all but made, when I shot my XD I was more than pleased with the trigger pull and knew I made the right decision. Now.... I have family and friends both that can tell you the complete opposite is true, but the fact is it's not true "for me".

If you are choosing between the XDM and a G17 that's a Win-Win situation, in my opinion the ONLY X-factor is personal preference - those are both great guns. If you shoot them both I'm sure you will favor one over the other.

adluginb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
add a plus 2 to the glock mags and they now hold 19 also. My thoughts though are if you cant hit what your shooting at with 17 rounds are the extra 2 really gonna matter?

Latest posts

Top Bottom