Glock 19 trigger job

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just has the ghost ultimate connector installed on my glock 19 and now the slide is a little harder to rack. Is this normal? I told my gunsmith and he didn't day anything about it. But man, big improvement on the trigger. Thanks for the help.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just has the ghost ultimate connector installed on my glock 19 and now the slide is a little harder to rack. Is this normal? I told my gunsmith and he didn't day anything about it. But man, big improvement on the trigger. Thanks for the help.

Installing that connector should have done NOTHING to your slide. Man who you using as a gunsmith? You got reamed on a paint job, is this the same guy? You need to find another gunsmith or business to deal with. That connector is a simple 5 minute job and again NOTHING about it should make your slid stiffer to pull, NOTHING. You need to have someone else look at your Glock.

3.5 connector and polish the internals is the only thing you need done on a Glock, oh and some grip tape. But that is my 2 cents, yours may vary.

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got the 3.5lb connector & the NY1 spring in my Gen2 19 and love it. The Glock is super easy to do yourself.....quick too. Just google "glock trigger replace" and youll find plenty.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I found a video on YouTube where a guy installed the ultimate ghost trigger connector just like the one I got and he said his was making his slide hard to rack. He took it out and compare it to the factory one and it was off. So he had to bend it a little and then it was perfect. Before he did it he was getting around a 5 pound trigger pull with the new connector. When he fixed it it went down to around 3.6. The same exact thing happened to mine. But your right about finding another gunsmith. I don't even know if the guy there is even a gunsmith or not. I thought all they did was work on guns? That's not what he does.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
wow... best way to mess up a Glock is to fix what is not broken. Stock parts... polished a little bit... and shoot it. I'd also suggest getting a few lessons from sombody who know modern handgun methodology... a factory Glock runs fine once you understand what trigger reset is...