What kind of accuracy to expect out of a Glock subcompact?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avtomatkalashnikov47

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hello ok shooters. I currently have a Glock 27 I've been tinkering with. I put tritium night sights on it. I think they are called tru-glo TFO's. I put a oc customs adjustable trigger In it. Got the irons boresighted, also have a tlr-6 flashlight laser combo also and shoot magazines that have the pinky extensions.

It took me awhile, but I'm shooting ok with it now... Ok to me 🤣

I'm able to hit within 5-6 inches of a teacup size plate at roughly 10 yards or so..

I think a large part of the original issues I was having was the stock Glock factory trigger. I still pull low and left alot, so I've been practicing proper trigger finger placement, but the thing that got me wasn't the take up and the wall but the way the trigger broke, it was such a distinct snap it required quite a bit of Lbs force. However much it was, I noticed I would sway off target , or rather my gun would sway from me flinching just trigger to get the trigger pulled.

Anyhow, I think a lot of it has to do with the caliber, being .40s&w, then another large part is size as it's almost always been referred to by people that see it as "baby Glock"

Now I'm wondering and thinking about switching to something like the 43 if id get better accuracy and better concealability and comfort, or if I should goto a 19, like everyone else, or a 17, but I handled some of the newer offerings by Glock, the 47,43 & 48 I really liked those ,

particularly the 48. I was thinking about trying out some of the newer ones but wanted you guys thoughts.

Maybe I'll just get a couple of them eventually since I can't make up my mind.

Really hard to figure the perfect balance of concealability and accuracy and compacity that I like. Sure the .40 definitely packs a wall-up, but accuracy wise idk. I feel like I have more trouble shooting it but it might just be that it's a small frame gun. Idk.

I guess I'll find out for myself eventually.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Asking an accuracy question about any firearm is a loaded question (no pun intended), because it’s going to have more to do with the guy with his finger on the trigger than the gun.
Personally, I don’t shoot a G26 or G27 as well as I do my G30s, but I guess that’s because I shoot about any 45 better than any other handgun caliber.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've heard of shooters being very proficient with the Glock SCs or "baby Glocks" as you called em.

Obviously your accuracy would probably improve with a 9mm over the snappier .40S&W cartridge, but then again practice makes perfect.

As for the low and left thing, it could have something to do with how much or how little meat you have on the trigger. But I believe that's usually caused by anticipating the recoil and jerking the gun forward just as the trigger breaks.

Next time you're at the range, have a buddy load up some snap caps randomly in the mag with some live rounds and you'll see what I mean.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If my shooting is minute of bad guy I call it good. I have too many toys to practice with all of them and I've accepted I'll never make it onto Top Shot (if that show still exists)

THIS.. Everyone tries to improve the Glock trigger. Why? It was designed to be a combat weapon, not a race gun. Combat accuracy is all you need in a combat pistol. If you can keep em all in the vitals, that's good enough.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
THIS.. Everyone tries to improve the Glock trigger. Why? It was designed to be a combat weapon, not a race gun. Combat accuracy is all you need in a combat pistol. If you can keep em all in the vitals, that's good enough.

Because it's garbage? Well the Gen5 is ok. There is a huge gap/room for improvement from a stock glock trigger before you even come close to a "race trigger."

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hello ok shooters. I currently have a Glock 27 I've been tinkering with. I put tritium night sights on it. I think they are called tru-glo TFO's. I put a oc customs adjustable trigger In it. Got the irons boresighted, also have a tlr-6 flashlight laser combo also and shoot magazines that have the pinky extensions.

I'm able to hit within 5-6 inches of a teacup size plate at roughly 10 yards or so..

I think a large part of the original issues I was having was the stock Glock factory trigger. I still pull low and left alot, so I've been practicing proper trigger finger placement, but the thing that got me wasn't the take up and the wall but the way the trigger broke, it was such a distinct snap it required quite a bit of Lbs force. However much it was, I noticed I would sway off target , or rather my gun would sway from me flinching just trigger to get the trigger pulled.

Anyhow, I think a lot of it has to do with the caliber, being .40s&w, then another large part is size as it's almost always been referred to by people that see it as "baby Glock"

Now I'm wondering and thinking about switching to something like the 43 if id get better accuracy and better concealability and comfort, or if I should goto a 19, like everyone else, or a 17, but I handled some of the newer offerings by Glock, the 47,43 & 48 I really liked those ,

particularly the 48. I was thinking about trying out some of the newer ones but wanted you guys thoughts.

Really hard to figure the perfect balance of concealability and accuracy and compacity that I like. Sure the .40 definitely packs a wall-up, but accuracy wise idk. I feel like I have more trouble shooting it but it might just be that it's a small frame gun. Idk.

Dunno why, but the most accurate glock FOR me was always the G26.

edl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I am not giving you a hard time- I suspect some training would help. Your grip is a major determinate of how you shoot. That’s why at least one well known red dot trainer says of the red dot zero- if you can shoot it probably doesn’t matter. if you cannot shoot it probably does not matter. A little facetious but applies to iron sights too…..

wolfkpr

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ive handled and shot several glock 26/27’s, and have yet to shoot one that wont group in about 3 inches or better off the bench at 25 yards. ( pretty much ever gen 3 of the other models will also group in 3”, and gen 4’s are often as tight as 2”@25yds.. but what the gun is mechanically capable of- is not the issue here, as i would bet the issue is not what the gun will do, but what you can do with it. I have found the trigger made for the glock 17 gen 3- which is smooth faced, not serrated, helps me ( they are 17$ ish), there are also 9 mm conversion barrels available, sometimes pretty cheap( the barrel made for a 23 will fit as well, just sticks out the front some) the drop in barrel and a 9mm magazine would let you practice with the lighter recoiling round. The suggestion of dry fire practice and having a buddy load and seed your mags with a dummy round or two is valid..

Latest posts

Top Bottom