Glock G26 VS. Springfield XD9 Subcompact 3"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

StrikeOut73

So I'm Looking at buying either a Glock G26 or Springfield XD9 for conceal and cary, Ive done a lot of reasearch on both and it seems to be a Ford VS. Chevy situation. I've tried both out and really can't decide which I like better, I seem to be a little more accurate with the Springfield however I like the feel of the G26, which do you carry/which would you recommend?

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Both are proven platforms, nobody here will be able to prove one is more reliable than the other. Stick with the one you SHOT best.

TCummings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Both are proven platforms, nobody here will be able to prove one is more reliable than the other. Stick with the one you SHOT best.

+1

I have owned both Glock and Springfield's and I currently own both the 5.25" XDM9 and 3.8" XDM9 because I felt more comfortable with the XDM then the Glock

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I own both, I would echo that you should stick with the one you shot best.

Other factors, the Glock is MUCH easier to work on/modify if you are so inclined. A trigger job on the XD is expensive.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
G26. The Springfield magazine extension pinched my finger everytime I shot it. The Glock mag seats better in the gun and doesn't hurt everytime I shoot it.

I think it depends on your hand, my G26 doesn't pinch me, but my oldest son complains about it when he shoots it.

BigRed82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
it seems to be a Ford VS. Chevy situation.

Yup, pretty much. There are, however, a few things that would cause me to go with the "Ford" in this example.
First and foremost, I don't want a gun with a grip safety. One more thing to possibly go wrong. Second, unless things have changed, Springfield isn't as forthcoming with parts. (That is how it used to be, but that may be a thing of the past. I haven't paid attention to Springfield's policies on the XDs recently.) Third, I just frankly prefer the Glock's trigger characteristics better. I think that's about it. I just never warmed up to the XD series.

Latest posts

Top Bottom