Glock sights?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TDH1988

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
TFO's are great. I've also had a chance to try the new Trijicon HD sights. That front site is really big and stands out. Good for self defense gun. However, in my experience the sights do sit up pretty high causing the gun to shoot a little low for what I am used to. The adjustment I made was covering the target with the front sight as opposed to a center-mass sight picture.

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I reckon I'm the only guy here who prefers the good ol' Glock factory polymer "goalpost" sights that come standard on all their pistols. :ugh2:

Of course, I'm probably one of the few here that likes the 2nd gen frames over the 3rd and 4th gen models too. :rolleyes2

If any of you guys ever saw my carry G22, you'd laugh yourself silly. :pms3: It looks like it's been drug thru a knothole backwards! The slide is damn near silver because almost all of the black coating is gone from literally hundreds of thousand of presentations over the years. My G22 is a 1996 model (serial #CAM0xx).
My G22 is much later (Serial # 6PPxxx), but my G17 is much older (serial # CCxxx). My G17 is somewhat silver and my G22 is starting to get the same way.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
took my TFO off in favor of Hiviz fiber optic sights. probably sounds strange taking off tritium capability. Logic is if you cannot ID with 100% certainty what your target is. then you don't need to be shooting it.

been trading back and fort between TFO and Hiviz trying to decide which one ... Hiviz has been on for the last several months. G17 mated with Surefire X-200 weapon light has all but taken over house warming duties from TRS-870 shotty.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
took my TFO off in favor of Hiviz fiber optic sights. probably sounds strange taking off tritium capability. Logic is if you cannot ID with 100% certainty what your target is. then you don't need to be shooting it.

been trading back and fort between TFO and Hiviz trying to decide which one ... Hiviz has been on for the last several months. G17 mated with Surefire X-200 weapon light has all but taken over house warming duties from TRS-870 shotty.

The problem with logic is your light,which you should have with you anytime after dark,will illuminate your target for ID purposes but won't help you see your sights,try it.Some will say that you're going to be close enough that you don't need your sights and point shooting will get the job done.I like to see them but whatever works for you.

upnover

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
well the preferred n/s for glocks is what ever YOU prefer. i have xs and like them for what they are, the factory glock n/s are about the best deal from expres police supply. just my 2 cents