Glock that needs some work, need help.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The black oxide is worn off not the Tennifer,I've never seen it "wear" off.I'd leave it if it has some sentimental or have Mike redo it.

BTW,it's a gen 1,note the single big pin holding the trigger group in.

DestructoJr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The tennifer will not wear off it is a process that infuses the protection into the metal, the process uses cyanide and nobody can possess enough cyanide here in the states required for the process. Glock tried to build a factory here however would not be able to do the tennifer process due to governmental restriction and therefore will forever remain overseas :(

If you do want the black refinished Glock will do that for you, just ship the metal parts back to the factory and all will be refinished with the black coating

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I believe thats an early Gen-2. The Gen-1's did not have checkering on the front or rear grips. If you remember the G-22's only had two pins before they had the big recall with the cracked frames and the change to the internals with the addition of the third pin was supposed to be the cure.

It is a very early gun with the serial number as low as it is. It looks like it either had a lot of holster wear on the receiver or had been sliding around under a seat. The lack of "smileys" on the barrel tells me it hasn't been shot much at all. A total detail strip and cleaning and light lube and it's ready to go.

Rob72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To improve your grip and not alter the "factory" aspects of your frame, you can detail strip it, tape off the rails & inside, and blast it with play ground sand. Wash it off in the sink and wipe down with Armorall, rinse again, and it will look factory-new.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I inherited my Dads Ruger and it looks rough, and I'll keep it that way. If it has a strong sentimental value to you as my Dads Ruger has to me I won't change a thing. Just my thoughts.

Man I'd leave it just as is!!!! It's in really good shape!! Just change the springs and shoot it!!

I would leave it as it is. If it means a lot to you, keep it the way you received it.

Being a passed down firearm with sentimental meaning id keep it as is looks wise. Have mike go thru the internals but the the worn in look...if you really want it to look shiney and new than definately have mike do it...

I received my grandfathers pre-model 27 N-frame 357 and as much as id like it to shine like a new dime I like the wear it received from 20+ years on my grandads hip with OCPD

I echo these comments as well. I inherited my dad's Victory model Smith & Wesson .38 caliber revolver last Christmas. It sports an ugly nickel finish and hideous faux stag grips, but that's the way it has always looked since I was a kid.

I looked around and found a set of era specific stocks for it, slapped 'em on the revolver and while it made the gat LOOK better, it suddenly wasn't my dad's revolver any longer. It was mine. I didn't want that. I wanted to own my dad's gun.

So, I took the stocks off, sold 'em on the Blue forum and put the fugly faux stags back on it.

I too would keep it the way it is and think of dad each and every time I shot it. :thumb:

VitruvianDoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The black oxide is worn off not the Tennifer,I've never seen it "wear" off.I'd leave it if it has some sentimental or have Mike redo it.

BTW,it's a gen 1,note the single big pin holding the trigger group in.

I originally thought it was a Gen 1 too but used the Glock Talk forums to date it with the serial number and between that and some other stuff, everyone there agreed Gen 2.

Latest posts

Top Bottom