Got 10 miles from the house and...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
FORGOT MY BOW! Oh well, I guess it will be an observation morning
Let's here your stories of things forgotten or left in the woods.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh man ... no forgotten things when we go camping because I have a box fixed up ... and a checklist to work from.

I should be so efficient when we are going to run errands ... GC gets so mad at me ... sometimes we just get down the driveway ... other times to the end of the block ... sometimes we actually make it all the way out onto Council ... but about 99% of the time I remember something that I need and we have to go back to the house. View always been that way ... the boys told me once that they would set the egg timer when I left the house. If I didn't come back in 15 minutes, then chances were I was gonna stay gone ... :disappoin

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got all the way to the blind one rainy day, and discovered my ammo was still at home 45 miles away. Big buck decided to show up about this time. In full panic mode, started a frantic inventory of the back pack.
As luck would have it, I found one .270 round in a side pocket.
That buck is hanging on the wall as we speak. :D

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well yesterday we had a family get together for a family photo shot of all the kids and grandkids for a xmas present for my parents and quess what one of the brothers was bringing his camera to take all the pictures for it and after a 45 mile trip he forgot his camera. Luckily someone else brought one too.

garry

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got to my stand one day and realized I didn't have my release,so I figured Ill just shoot fingers . As it turned out nothing showed up so it turned out to be a good learning experience

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ha! Funny this thread pops up.....
This past weekend, youth hunt. Got all the way to the lease which is 3 hours away, went to get dressed and couldn't find my boys bag! All his cloths, camo, hunting stuff etc. All he had was the shorts and t-shirt he wore for the ride. Missed the morning hunt cause we had to run all the way back to the closest Walmart, which is almost an hour away. Got him enough to get him through the weekend.
Man I was pissed at myself..

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A good friend went on an Alaskan polar bear hunt. They flew out, landed and set up camp. The next morning 3 bears were spotted heading towards camp, about 3/4 mile out. Mike went to get his rifle and found his bag with the ammo was still on the plane.
The bears were just under 1/2 mile away, when a plane came over the ridge and dropped a duffle bag 100 yards from camp..........

The bears turned and run. They hunted 4 days and never saw another bear.

Worst I ever done was grabbing my Browning Lever .44mag instead of the Browning Lever .22LR for a squirrel hunt. Didn't realize the mistake until I tried to load. The day wasn't a total bust, but extremely difficult since I hunted with my sidearm. A Colt 1911 ACE .22LR. Managed to take 2, but would have easily had 10 with the rifle.

The plane returned and they took off for home. A large bear was just over the ridge, appeared to be headed towards camp.

He decided he didn't like bear hunting.

761mph

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
this isn't a hunting story, but....................
i got my driver's license at 14 1/2 for motorcycles, i was all wound up about showing off a school with my new cycle and rode to school
there i was on my candy apple red honda with my red metalflake helmet, i was strutting big time
last class of the day and i almost sprint to my locker and then outside, where i get on the bus, i get all the way to my stop and realize, DUH, the cycle was still out in front of the school and my helmet was in my locker

it took a while to live that one down

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Prolly my dumbest moment or one of many. I waited until opening morning to hang a stand.....so I strapped on my stand and climbing sticks, grabbed my day bag and headed out. Found my tree in dark and got all set up. Dawn was just breaking. Oops left my rifle in truck. Climbed down trekked back to truck and SOB, left keys to truck in my bag.

Wasn't too bad tho. Finally got situated about 8 am and 15mins later was gutting a small buck.

Latest posts

Top Bottom