Gun Counter Idiots

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would rather someone say "I don't know" than make something up or just give a non educated opinion. Some are worse than others, but there was an idiot at WM once that asked me when asking for a box of 22's if it was for a ruger. I said yes it was. He then said "those can make it back-fire", I then proceeded to ask him what he meant by backfire. Well he did not know :hithead: . I then told him there was no such thing in a firearm. Then I checked out for the ammo. Holy crap I hate people who have to say something when they have no idea. Just get the ammo and check me out. I don't even care if you say a word at WM. Sorry I decided to rant.

he might be smarter than you think. if you go to the OSA ammo forum you will find a thread about certain 22 ammo bought at walmart that backfires(blows back of case out before bolt closes).

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
he might be smarter than you think. if you go to the OSA ammo forum you will find a thread about certain 22 ammo bought at walmart that backfires(blows back of case out before bolt closes).

My Momma's chili-beans would sure make you backfire, let me tell you.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just as a public service announcement, if you work at a sporting good store gun counter, and don't know what you are talking about, don't just say random things that you think sound good. Things like "Oh, those will kill them" or "That will go through anybody" or "That's all you need" aren't really the thing to say when pitching the ONE type of self defense ammo you carry. And, I wasn't feeling well, that's why I gave such a sarcastic reply.

(Pssst! They aren't just a gun counters; these nim-rods breed and are occupying retail counters all across the country)!

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guy at the range gave me a box of Win. ST in 45 LC because some expert at WM sold him ammo for his 45 auto.
I've heard the same thing happen with 357 mag for 357 sig as well as 38 super for special.
Doesn't say much for seller or buyer.

if the customer can't read the end of the box or know what cartridge fits his gun he don't need to own it.
years ago when 7.62 x 39 first became popular we had to repackage the stuff and rubber stamp it with "for sks and ak47" to get the highly intelligent customers to buy it. they didn't want no 7.62x39 cartridges, they wanted "sks boolits"

53convert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guy at the range gave me a box of Win. ST in 45 LC because some expert at WM sold him ammo for his 45 auto.
I've heard the same thing happen with 357 mag for 357 sig as well as 38 super for special.
Doesn't say much for seller or buyer.

how about asking for some .38 special and being given a box of .38 S&W and being told those are .38 shorts...............gawd I wish there was a smiley that had the teenage eye roll to use.
Also had a guy try to tell me once that .38 super were the same as 9mm magnums...............Damn, now my head hurts.
Good night.

Shriner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh come on guys !! As long as the numbers(38 spl,38 super,38 s&w,38 colt,357 mag,357 sig,357 max) are the same it will work , all those letters don't mean anything(spl,mag,sig,acp.Lc,wssm, gap, super,max, s&w,colt) !!

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh come on guys !! As long as the numbers(38 spl,38 super,38 s&w,38 colt,357 mag,357 sig,357 max) are the same it will work , all those letters don't mean anything(spl,mag,sig,acp.Lc,wssm, gap, super,max, s&w,colt) !!
Yeah, just get a bigger hammer they'll fit! LOL

marvin

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I witnessed an employee at academy bore-sight (can only imagine how far off it was) a rifle, then proceed to put locktite on the adjustments b/c it was zeroed in! I kindly mentioned that I thought that might not be a good idea, and assured me it was.

This was several years ago for anyone about to have a heart attack.

Latest posts

Top Bottom