Gun pointed at head

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A hypothetical scenario @uncle money bags and everyone else too of course
Gun pointed at your head. Your hands are up and you successfully grab the gun (on slide and frame in front of trigger guard) and push away from head while simultaneously moving head away from gun.

Gun is pointed away from you when bad guy fires cause he/she is freaked the f out and knows ownage is coming :)

A) Does firing the gun break your grip of the gun?
Cause the slide will rack and return to battery (Assuming you can't keep slide from moving back)
Maybe you can retain grip on frame? Use hand like a two pronged fork to retain muzzle control?

B) Is it likely that the gun will have a malfunction because the slide is being manipulated during firing process?

I assume a million different different things could happen in reality. Just looking for a few thoughts.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where did you come up with this? How can you be so sure that you are gonna own this bad guy even if you successfully get the gun pointed away from you head for the initial shot? WTF do you do next? How did you get in this predicament in the first place? Yes, I think it likely the gun will malfunction...maybe not, depends on how much force/twist you can put on it. Who craps pants first?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
upload_2016-6-28_21-13-49.png

Progun223

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back in the day I took a couple of pistol classes from this OHP trooper in OKC. We trained for this by gripping the slide, obviously with our hands clear of the bore, and firing the gun. It will fire but not cycle if you grip it tight. It shocks your hand a bit but unless you're a weenie it's not too bad.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where did you come up with this? How can you be so sure that you are gonna own this bad guy even if you successfully get the gun pointed away from you head for the initial shot? WTF do you do next? How did you get in this predicament in the first place? Yes, I think it likely the gun will malfunction...maybe not, depends on how much force/twist you can put on it. Who craps pants first?

During a training class.... nuff said?
I did not get a chance to ask the instructor so i thought... there are plenty of experienced folks on OSA i might as well ask them about their experience.

Yes the owning part was put there for some comedy. Sorry, I shall refrain from such shenanigans in the future

Latest posts

Top Bottom