Gun pointed at head

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Surprise, speed and violence of action. Train for it.

Sounds like a professional. Where'd you get that? Ludlum? Elmore Leonard? Okay; all joking aside; share a little how this works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

firefighterguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gripping the entire handgun, including the slide will prevent the slide from cycling and prevent another round from chambering if you grip it hard.

Heck some semi autos will induce malfunctions simply by the shooter riding the slide with his thumb.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like a professional. Where'd you get that? Ludlum? Elmore Leonard? Okay; all joking aside; share a little how this works.

Don't know those fellows. An officer I worked with about 25 ago taught me. We worked graveyard shift together and had lots of time to practice and develop skills.

See post #24. It's so simple you could do it. Hand first, then gun, simultaneous head butt, rip gun from hand, shoot in nutz, shoot other chumps too. Total time 4 seconds.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't know those fellows. An officer I worked with about 25 ago taught me. We worked graveyard shift together and had lots of time to practice and develop skills.

See post #24. It's so simple you could do it. Hand first, then gun, simultaneous head butt, rip gun from hand, shoot in nutz, shoot other chumps too. Total time 4 seconds.

Damn, shoot in nutz? I gotta go work on this so next time I have a gun to my head I I can cast a steely gaze, then shoot the BG in his nutz.

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Four seconds? Amateur! *Warning: contains anchor shot*

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
^^ You are pointing out that hot gas will escape from the gap between the cylinder and barrel and burn the f outta your hand

I am in a self defense class to and your technique sound familiar. I agree that on a semi auto, the first round will fire but a good grip on the slide will prevent proper ejection/feed. On a Revolver this is obviously different. I can not speak for all revolvers but in my experience, the double action revolver trigger will not turn the cylinder if moderate pressure is applied around the cylinder/frame. I have only tried this with an unloaded Smith J frame. So, in this case, if the hammer is down, you can, in theory, lock up the action. Obviously this needs more testing.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well i'm glad I asked here. I would not have known to treat revolvers differently. I've just started this training course and am enjoying it very much. I have ALOT of practicing to do...

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well i'm glad I asked here. I would not have known to treat revolvers differently. I've just started this training course and am enjoying it very much. I have ALOT of practicing to do...

Be sure to watch out for yer nutz.

Latest posts

Top Bottom