Guns are not defensive weapons

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Personally, I think "Defensive Weapon" is an oxymoron, just as "Assault Weapon" is redundant. Sure, you can use it in the act of defending yourself, but in employing it, you are actively attacking your attacker. Would you consider body armor a weapon?

On that note, this guy's a retard.

Belthos

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
California police chief claims guns are not a defensive weapons. Then he calls for more unspecified gun regulations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kdqWI8HCNf8

It would make no difference whatsoever if guns are not defensive.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

"The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts." - Supreme Court Justice Robert H. Jackston, W. Virginia Board of Education v. Burnette, 1943

Apparently there is no reading comprehension requirement to be a police chief in his jurisdiction.

toehanus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So if guns are not defensive, then, by default, they would be a weapon of offense. They would be a weapon to initiate violence rather than repress violence. Using his statement, law enforcement officers (whom I am sure he believes are the only one who should have guns) are aggressors rather than defenders.

Disclaimer. I do not believe that leo's are like that. Just presenting what I think is a logical refuting of his statement.

@toehanus

Latest posts

Top Bottom